GM High Tech magazine RIP

scgnx2

Well today I received a copy of "Super Chevy" instead of my usual copy of "GM High Tech". It was covered with a sleeve that stated GM High tech has been discontinued. My remaining subscription will be substituted with Super Chevy...totally sucks..I want a refund.

Same here. Got home to this crap.

Last edited:
They made some announcement a month or two ago about going online only. Stinks.

I still have the episode with my car in it framed in my office.

I marked my copy of Super Chevy "return to sender " and dropped it in the mail box on my way to work. I'd rather have my money back (which we all know won't happen) than a copy of that crap showing up at my house until my subscription runs out.

Neal

That's a bummer. I first saw my car in that mag. I defended GMHTP on this board many times over the years. Quite a few members posted they were not going to renew their subscription for one reason or another. I would say "its the only mag out there covering our cars and its only $20!"

Attachments

• imgp18781.jpg
    imgp18781.jpg
    549.3 KB · Views: 146
That's a bummer. I first saw my car in that mag. I defended GMHTP on this board many times over the years. Quite a few members posted they were not going to renew their subscription for one reason or another. I would say "its the only mag out there covering our cars and its only $20!"
yeaup

Myself and a coworker got super Chevy as well. It would have been nice to maybe have been given a choice of which other mag in their family that we would like to receive.

got the superchevy in the mail and was like wtf ... I don't have a script for it but I do have 100's of old GM high tech mags .I always tried to stay ahead of them when they built that one GN ... Found out about jack merkel on their also ... the ha some very good info from time to time ... My GN was in the readers ride section along time ago

Ford mags are doing this too. Was subscribing to 5.0 mag and got MMFF in its place. Guess the mag industry will be a memory like albums before we know it.

GMHIGH-tech was a sister company to a ford magazine not sure witch one if u didn't know ... so I guess the company is downsizing

Yup nothing Super about Chevy ,just another belly button:p I just find most of the mag articles the same ,mix it up a little:yawn:

I marked my copy of Super Chevy "return to sender " and dropped it in the mail box on my way to work. I'd rather have my money back (which we all know won't happen) than a copy of that crap showing up at my house until my subscription runs out.

Neal
As did I .

Sent from my QMV7A tablet via Tapatalk.

I really hate they are not going to publish this magazine anymore. I was bummed when I found out.

yeah I got my crap tastic blubber chevy mag too!!!!!! well I guess I will keep it to help start fires in the fireplace in a few months........