GM EOS rerelease?

16oz. bottle, plenty of stock available from ship direct source. Dealer list price... $19.09 per bottle.

Same as before just a larger bottle.

K.

Thats cheap. Kirbans charges $10 for a small 4 once bottle per oil change. Thanks for the tip. Brad

Maybe check the actual amt of ZDDP in the "new" stuff. GM took that off the mkt for a reason. I doubt the EPA has agreed that a "new" version w/ the same ingredients, is now OK to sell.

Instead of calling it "engine oil supplement" it is being called " assembly lube". I'm trying to get the make-up of the new stuff, I'll keep you posted, I'm thinking it is the same stuff with a new name to throw off the EPA. Any GM dealer tech's read the latest TechLink?? Has a big article about oil myths and contants of todays oils. Interesting but I don't believe all of it. Phil

Instead of calling it "engine oil supplement" it is being called " assembly lube". I'm trying to get the make-up of the new stuff, I'll keep you posted, I'm thinking it is the same stuff with a new name to throw off the EPA. ............

While the new "Engine assembly lube" needs testing to determine if anything changed, the "intent" of the chemical makes all the difference in the EPA regulations. See, the intent is no longer "Oil Suppliment" and that may very well allow this chemical to "fall off the EPA the radar".

My old bottles with the old 105---- seven digit number say EOS Assembly Lubricant, Doesn't seem much different to me.

I'll see if I can run the MSDS on it in the morning from work.

K.

Thats cheap. Kirbans charges $10 for a small 4 once bottle per oil change. Thanks for the tip. Brad

reading this brought something to mind from many years ago---------i once saw a small child offer his sister a "big" nickel for her "small" dime and she fell for it-------sort of similar to this comment-------let me explain-------i would assume that one buys EOS for the ZDDP since that is the active ingredient--------unless GM has changed the formulation (i will have it checked as soon as i can get a bottle of the new stuff) there is HALF the amount of ZDDP in a 16 oz bottle of EOS that there is in a 4 oz bottle of ZddPlus------this means that it takes two bottles of EOS to get the same amount of ZDDP that is in a single bottle of ZddPlus------- a 16 oz EOS bottle has about 1 oz of ZDDP and 15 oz of carrier oil-------- ZddPlus has 2.2 oz of ZDDP concentrate with 1.8 oz of oil added-------IF you purchased EOS at half of retail it would cost about the same as ZddPlus but you would be getting half the active ingredient and you would be paying the equivalent of $20 a quart for the additional carrier oil---------does this math make things any clearer?-------put another way------if EOS is worth $20 for a 16 oz bottle a single 4 oz bottle of ZddPlus is worth $40-------UNLESS GM has changed the formulation and greatly increased the percentage of active ingredients--------EOS was originally formulated to boost the ZDDP in motor oils that already had a relatively adequate dose of ZDDP--------in todays oils the percentage of additive needs to be much greater to arrive at the same overall values----------- thats what the target values of ingredient percentages in ZddPlus were aimed at--------------RC

I'll see if I can run the MSDS on it in the morning from work.

K.

an MSDS rarely tells anything about the actual percentages of contents-----that is a way to assure that companies don't have to disclose the actual recipe of products yet still provide enough info to protect workers that may be exposed------only a lab analysis will tell what the percentages are-------even food products only have to list total ingredients in descending order of quantity-------RC

an MSDS rarely tells anything about the actual percentages of contents-----that is a way to assure that companies don't have to disclose the actual recipe of products yet still provide enough info to protect workers that may be exposed------only a lab analysis will tell what the percentages are-------even food products only have to list total ingredients in descending order of quantity-------RC

This is true. Really need a lab test of the new version to see if its like the old.

I'll "donate" a bottle if someone wants to handle the lab ends of it...??

K.