Glad I'm not living in California

i think they should do the same thing everywhere, just only to people driving the ricer sh@t boxes. :D

They even have road side emission inspection enforced by the CHP.

Thats part of living in Kalifornia .

I'm glad I'm from Iowa!! I can't believe that an oil breather is illegal, WTF??? Why are these parts illegal? So do they treat all of these parts dealers from Cali like DRUG DEALERS? Seriously, what is a legal car? Why are tese parts illegal? They make the car run more efficiently. ?????????? :confused: ----Jeremy

That was nonsense.

When I stop a car the last thing Im looking at is the cars violations. I look at the occupants specificly their hands. I also would never stand right on the door where the driver could easily take a couple of shots at me without any difficulty aiming or use the door as an impact weapon by flipping it open. Tunnel vision gets policeman killed. Because this is a training video that ass on the motorcycle should be stressing Officer safety first then vehicle violations second. As far as the arrest for failing to comply with opening the hood request, I highly doubt that is not being challenged in the courts right now. Search and siezure is very straight forward, and that sounds like he was making it up as they go along. In Illinois I get around it when a driver does not have a license or insurance, then at that point I can take the driver into custody(for tickets and bond in the station) and also tow the vehicle...In order to tow the vehicle I would have to inventory any items in the vehicle....hence the lawful search subsequent to arrest. I always new California was a lil out there but that was some bullsh*t.

What a crock! As much as I dislike ricers, I don't like seeing people harrased for BS while street gangs are running loose.

That is absolute crap. I've been gone from California for a couple of years, but since when are ignition systems and fuel pressure regulators illegal. I hate ricers as much as the next guy, but that is just pure harassment.

"Because a person has a modded car they are a street racer" is the same stupid logic that they have used to destroy the rights of gun owners in this state.

As far as the arresting thing goes, I don't see how exercising your 4th amendment rights and being arrested will pass constitutional muster. Me thinks that they havent actually hauled someone away on this. Maybe I should be a test case after I pull the Buick out of mothballs. :D

I was getting ready to smash my monitor with a hammer and then realized that would do no good

Thank God I have out of state plates and I'm leaving soon.

Watching that video I cant help but think of the novel "1984"

That is pure BS.
Just another reason to mash the gas if you see lights go on in your mirror.
Think about that one. You own a modified car, and you see a cop come behind you. You spent all the time and money to modify it, now youre really gonna use it. I guess my Nitto "Drag Radials" would be a dead giveaway huh? lol

Another reason on my list why not to live in CA.

I love how weed is legal here is CA and a AFPR will get your car towed :mad: Arnold needs to do something about this! the funny thing is that I have been pulled over and the cops have told me to pop my hood, and they looked at it for a minute and said I am good to go! then the cop told me he has a elco with a 396 in it that would smoke me! I laughed for a good while and told him "anytime" :biggrin:

A friend i know just had to get his car to the Smog referre and it cost him $2,500.00 to get his car back to stock in order to pass visual and smog inspection, it sucks, the cop pulled him over and saw his cutout and dump pipe and wrote him a ticket to get the car fix or else risk having the car impounded and put out of commision.. really really sucks..

Modded Cars..

I was wondering if Jay Leno got pulled over in his 66 twin turbo charged Tornado, would he get ticketed too? Im sure the law wont be applied to him, but who knows. Ill bet a bone stock GN would get ticketed since it has headers even thought they are factory original. Man if I lived in California I would organize protests, and all kinds of publicized events to fight that.

STAGE 2 said:
Me thinks that they havent actually hauled someone away on this. Maybe I should be a test case after I pull the Buick out of mothballs. :D

Go ahead. We'll take up a collection for your bail. :eek: :cool:

David

Brer Rabbit said:
I was wondering if Jay Leno got pulled over in his 66 twin turbo charged Tornado, would he get ticketed too? Im sure the law wont be applied to him, but who knows. Ill bet a bone stock GN would get ticketed since it has headers even thought they are factory original. Man if I lived in California I would organize protests, and all kinds of publicized events to fight that.

That car is pre-smog so he should be fine. I used to live there and they only tried to pull that crap on cars new enough to have to go through emissions. That video really pissed me off. :mad: Luckily when I lived there I had a buddy who smogged my car. Needless to say I passed no problem. :D

Aw man, "This video has been removed due to copyright infringement." Losers. I knew I shoulda saved it... :cool:

David