Girdle and remote oiler capacity?

rpk250

How much oil should be in the motor with a RJC girdle and remote oiler. I've been putting about 6+ quarts in to the point where the level is between the quart low mark and the full mark on the dipstick. The oil pump has a spacer on it to lower it into the pan further, so I'm wondering if I am putting in to much oil?

Your oil capacity should not be effected by a Girdle. The remote oiler will increase the capacity by whatever the lines will hold. Your pan being lower [with a girdle] and the oil pick-up tube being lower, willallow you to maintain your 5 qts oil level. Just look the new level on the dip stick and keep it in mind or re-mark the stick.

Hope this helps you.

So the level on the dipstick should be lower than the full line? I thought that I saw somewhere that it should be at the 1 quart low level. Maybe that was correct. So just the regular 5 quarts and a little extra for the turbo saver.

That sounds correct, BUT I am helping you with someone's girdle, other than ours. I don't know the specifics on it. Example. Our ESP Engine Girdle is 3/4" think steel. We extend the oil pick-up tube to keep it at the OEM didtance from the pan. I don't know how thick their girdle is. I would add the 5 qts at your next oil change and mark your dipstick for your engine oil level.

Hope this helps you.

Thanks for the info, sounds right to me. I think my girdle is also about 3/4" thick, and the pickup has a spacer to put it at stock location, but the bottom of the pan is now farther away from the end of the dipstick. Thanks again.