GI/WTS 86 Grand National in central NJ

RAMAIR1

I'm addicted
Testing the waters to see what kind of action I get...
86 Grand National currently wearing an 87 grill (have the 86 grill too). I'm doing this from memory so I will miss a few things no doubt. First of all I am going to say it needs a trans rebuild as it is flaring up at the shift points under WOT, otherwise shifts fine. It also needs bumper fillers (which I may replace anyway), a little body work (assorted door dings, etc accumulated over 22 years), d/s door hinge pins and paint. The car is essentially rust free. As with most mid 80's GM cars the power antenna doesn't work. TITLE IS CLEAN AND IN MY POSSESSION. Carfax will show that all is well, NO issues.

Here's what it has:

Engine/Exhaust:
-rebuilt about 3k miles ago
-204/214 cam
-ported heads
-steel center main caps
-double roller timing set
-60# mototron injectors
-TurboTweak chip
-160* t-stat with billet neck
-Caspers cam sensor cap
-3" ATR downpipe
-Turbonetics Evolution wastegate with in-car adjustability
-test pipe with cutout
-Hooker 2.5" catback

Suspension:
-ROH 17" wheels with NEW (maybe 300 miles on them) Bridgestone RE750 tires; 235/45-17 front; 275/40-17 rear
-Savitske Classic and Custom Stage 2 Street Comp with lightweight adjustable upper a-arms
-Eibach springs
-Koni adjustable shocks
-completely rebuilt f/e with polygraphite bushings and Global West adjuster sleeves and Del-a-lum lower a-arm bushings
-front frame braces (F-41 braces)
-rear seat braces
-1" Spohn rear sway bar.
-Basically this car handles like a mo-fo and is lowered about 3" front, 1.5" rear.

Other (here's where I will miss some stuff for sure):
-New a/c parts...a/c blows ICE COLD
-Rebuilt G-80 rear
-F-body aluminum radiator
-Converted to vacuum brake system (much more reliable that stock Powermaster)
-aluminum rear drum brakes with sticky shoes.
-Currently running stock turbo and i/c but the motor was built to handle much more.
-p/w, pdl, tilt wheel
-Sony CD player
-buickgn.com billet shifter handle

I'm sure I will need to add a few things. Car is located in the Hunteredon/Somerset/Warren county vicinity in NJ. I would trust it to drive just about anywhere. I am possibly looking to trade for a 98-02 SS or WS-6 or maybe even the right LT-1 powered SS or WS-6 or will sell for $10k/obo. I'll just throw it out there that a 70 C-10 shortbed, 67 Chevy II or 70.5 Firebird/Trans Am are also on the list....let's see what you have.

Pics are in sig...most recent ones are on the last pages of the 86 Grand National album
2788797850053943560vOrvXT_th.jpg

Yeah, gonna see what happens.

BTW for the rebuild I used .020 forged JE pistons and the heads are held on with ARP head bolts and cometic gaskets. Also has a hotwired Walbro, 3" LT-1 MAF with translator. I'm sure I will be adding more.

I would also consider trading a perfect or very very very nice 84 GN. Sorry, no 85's.

ur pm box is full......

i'm just trying to get something different for mine. i've been lookin for a gn sy ty to trade straight up. i have the trans out and somewhat apart, needs a basic rebuild. shift keys and fork pads for 3-4 are bad. i'm catching so much crap from my dad cause its in his driveway that i'm willing to take a loss. i can send pics to a cellphone, i don't have a digital camera. your car looks bad ass and if those other deals fall thru, i'm definatley tryin to work something out.

Bump for Aaron (even if he is a bit of a fruit). :p

Anyone interested in this car, definitely check it out, it's worth the asking price. The car hauls, and the stance/wheels set it off perfectly.

Sad to see her go, buddy. Hopefully they'll still let us into Fudd's. :wink:

Thanks Kyle but I think it's you that was a bit fruity. Did you forget that you are the one who plays field hockey?

All kidding aside, thanks for the comments. Get that Caddy done and we will not only get into Fudds but we can bring 13 of our closest friends with us...:D

If it had nice stock wheels and the trans was mint, I'd be right on it. Free bump :)

I know these cars are sensitive...I found a ground strap hanging where it shouldn't be hanging under the hood. I'm gonna order a Caspers Ground Stretcher kit and hope that has something to do with my trans issue.