Getting rid of the Fuel vapor canister.

hello people; I've heard stories of fuel smell after the can was disposed. It is venting the tank.
IBBY

No fuel smell here,and yes it has a vent

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using TurboBuick Mobile mobile app

Your gonna smell race fuel regardless if you have 10 canisters under their:p

What do you guys recomend with the lines? Just leave them open? I need to get rid of mine too. :)

I didn't like the idea of just leaving it open, so I clamped a small air muffler into the hose. Breathes freely, but keeps debris out. Did this to all my cars a long tome ago.

Mine was removed when I got the car, and the line was restricted somewhere (always got a whoosh of pressure when I opened the cap). I just took some fuel line and went right from the sender, up over the frame rail and down. No smell, vents perfect.

I didn't like the idea of just leaving it open, so I clamped a small air muffler into the hose. Breathes freely, but keeps debris out. Did this to all my cars a long tome ago.
hello; Any way of seeing this air muffler you used? If I remember there's more than 1 line going to the cannister. Isn't that true?
IBBY

One line goes to the tank, this is the one you will vent to atmosphere. The other line goes to vacuum, just cap it off.

I removed mine last year and if Im under the hood I will get a a fuel smell not crazy but a smell..then again many years of dealing with fuels my sniffer isnt as sensitive as the most.

I notice it most on a hot day after i have been driving it alot and then i'm under hood thats wheen you are going to have the most PSI thatthe vent deals with from fuel slosh, heated fuel from going through engine and returning and of course the amb temp.

Air muffler.jpg
Here it is. About 5/16" dia. x 11/4" long, & has mesh inside the perforated steel tube.

I capped the vacuum line off, and put one of those little lawn mower fuel filters from an autoparts store on the end that vents to atmosphere. I have the line venting out right under the driverside fender, it smells sometimes, but that may just be my leaky driverside header. :)