Getting New Injectors

TurBo BiRd

Strong Islander
I'm looking to get some bigger injectors and was wondering what your guys input might be. I was thinking Red Stripes or 009's and a chip of course. My engine mods include all Forged Internals,Turbonetics Stage 2 Turrbo, Cam, Ported and Polished Heads, Ported Intake Manifold, Borla Exhaust, Intake, & 3.73's.
Do you think that either of these would be a good choice? I still want it to be pretty streetable so I think these would be the best way to go.

Thanks, Bobby.

i have 009s which work nice but if i could do it over again i would have gotten 50s and been done with it.:D

If you do not plan to go with injectors that require the low impedance driver modification to the computer (needed for larger then 50 lb/hr injectors), just go ahead and get the 50s.

Whats the normal loss of gas mileage from upgrading injectors? Is it really dramatic? I noticed gas is going down so it might not even matter. :D

Originally posted by TurBo BiRd
Whats the normal loss of gas mileage from upgrading injectors? Is it really dramatic? I noticed gas is going down so it might not even matter. :D

Gas mileage shoudn't go anywhere.. That would be adjusting fuel pressure and or tweaking chip...

Go with the 50's they are easy to tune and more than likely someone around you has them also. (for chip swapping)

:)

HTH
Bo

50's for sure.... a little more $$$. But they will support 120mph+ in the 1/4 with a heavyweight car.

I bought 009's when there was no other option... 50lbers are out and Racetronics is selling 57lb high impedance injectors also that require no ECM mods..... might want to check them out also.

-GNX7