Getting knock

acg72

Just got my scantool hooked up and trying to get the right adjustments according to my set up. Im getting knock at about 5 lbs boost if i accelerate fast but if i go gradually it doesn't knock early like that. I have not had it WOT because of being scared to break things . Dont remember the exact readings but close- O2 mv 820 at idle, tps.40 at idle, Fuel pressure 42 psi with vaccum off and I believe my boost is set about 12-15 lbs but have not been able to go wot to get the exact number. Showing timing on scan tool and getting the audible as well. Running 93 octane and fuel has been in the car for a while ( 5 + months). Also just replaced O2 sensor. Car runs good and idles good. Did notice after installing O2 sensor, adjusting tps, fuel and then reving engine, I had a good amount of wet balck carbon/soot on driveway from both pipes. Im thinking maybe old fuel? And where do I go from here with the tune.

Make sure fuel pressure is rising with boost.

Condensation coming out of the pipes is normal.

same problem, bad fuel, bad spark plugs, O2 sensor.

What state do you live, meaning how is the fuel quality?

I had fuel problems related to super unleaded 93 octane that was abandoned for 91 octane as the replaced version of super unleaded which is NOT Used therefore if used is crappy quality sitting from not being used, people don't use it becuz of money cost...

Major improvement, next is maf...
I replaced my spark plugs with NGK UR5 gapped .030 tight, replaced spark plug wires... ignition coil pack

FOUND LOCAL AIRPORT selling 93 PURE UNLEADED...
NOW my 87 GN is running 20 pounds boost - NO KNOCK.

My problem was knock due to bad fuel... low quality...

REPLACED "O2 Sensor" that was previously replaced May 2010
3rd O2 Sensor upgraded to GNX Style Heated O2 Sensor.

After replacing O2, I replaced spark plugs, wires, INSTANT CHANGE...
ordered and will be installing LT1 - 3" MAF with translator...