Get to Gateway July 2nd

Sader123

There is an overnight event on July 2nd. Starts 9pm goes to 4am.
Similar to he old PJ parties.

Kinda liberal, checking for battery hold downs and that's about it I hear. Run what you brung.

Hope to see more turbo buicks there. I know I will.

Thats cool because i am off that day. I guess i'll have to go out in race trim that night. How much does it cost to race.

I have a message in, to find out how much.
Hope to see you get some good track times.
Mine is mostly stock, and lately has been upgraded with a little bad luck.

You wouldn't have a stock turbo actuator laying around would you? I can't tell if mine is on the fritz, easier to try another good one and see if that solves it.
I'll be working over your way the next couple of days in East Alton, IL. Olin Corp.

Here is some background first.

Has been overboosting since I bought the car. Can footbrake 20psi easily. Exceeds 20psi when full throttle applied on the street. Have kept my foot out of it until I got other issues straightened out. Sat. Finally passed emissions, and decided to look into overboost problem. Tried adjusting arm ( adj actuator ) and it didn't make any difference, until I stood the puck partly open and even then it limited to 11psi. Tightened 1/2 turn and boost goes over 16psi. I was thinking bad actuator. Tested with hand pump and it moves. Put new hose from turbo directly to actuator and still no controlwhatsoever.

Tonight pulled actuator off the car, turned pressure port down and OIL CAME OUT !!! This must be the problem.

Can this be cleaned out and still give reliable operation?

Chris

I'll part with it. I'm on midnites for the rest of the week and i don't get off until 8am. Let me know how you want to meet up.

Rob

How much ?
I am working over in east alton tommorrow again.
When is good for you?
I can usually peel out around lunchtime at 11:30.

EDIT: I would assume it is in working order? I would have to make it adjustable. My work site changes almost daily and tommorrow is the last scheduled day for East Alton. Let me know in the AM when you can. Or during times below. If morning works better for you I am flexible.
314-486-3751 is my cel, I'll have it on from 6:30AM thru usually 4:30PM.

I guess I could modify it at the track !

Chris

It's already adjustable so you are good to go. It worked good when i had a stock turbo plus when i had a TA49 on my car. I run the heavy duty one now on the TE45a i have on my car now. 11:30 sounds fine with me so i'll call you and meet you some where around there. Try it out first and lets make sure that is the problem, if it works then just buy me a beer sometime.

Rob

I think they mentioned tonight that they were going to start at 8:00 Friday. That might help things out a bit, being a couple of hours earlier than the normal all nighter starting time. Only thing I hate about "Midnight Madness" is the lack of runs, because there are SO MANY cars. You spend alot of time sitting in the lanes falling asleep (dont let anyone spill on the track :eek: :mad: )....I was pretty dissapointed last time. Dont know if I will race or just sit in the stands and watch (if I go). Got there at around 7pm and still got 8 runs tonight, I would pray for half that many Friday.
I was looking for you tonight Rob, work schedule explains it though. Was that car you lined up against for the finals a couple weeks ago a Camaro with "Z28 LS1" on the plates? It made it to the end again tonight, not sure if it was #1 or #2.

6 SENSE,
All i remember is that it was a black camaro. And it was a LS1 car. I guess i'll have to take a day off of work to run on a tuesday night sometime. I like the tueday night racing because of all the runs you get. The work schedule kinda screwed me a little. I work the day shift all the time, but a guy here took a vacation so i get stuck working midnites. We all need to get together sometime and meet out there.

Rob

Originally posted by rob nolan
6 SENSE,
All i remember is that it was a black camaro. And it was a LS1 car. I guess i'll have to take a day off of work to run on a tuesday night sometime. I like the tueday night racing because of all the runs you get. The work schedule kinda screwed me a little. I work the day shift all the time, but a guy here took a vacation so i get stuck working midnites. We all need to get together sometime and meet out there.

Rob
Ahh, I guess theres a couple of those LS1 Canaros for ya to play with :) This one was a light goldish color. Ran low 11's, 11.3s I think, not positive.
Yeah we need to show up in force one of these days. There was one other TR there last night, 86/87 car with "Test My 6" on the plates (ILL plates). Never saw him before.

How did the other Buick run last night. But for us turbo guys, we need to go out there when it's nice and cool.

Originally posted by rob nolan
How did the other Buick run last night...
I didnt see him run. In fact the only way I even knew he was there was when in the lanes I heard the anouncer mention a turbocharged Buick. The 2nd time I heard him mentioned I waited in the pits a little longer, after a run. Never got to really speak to him, just a nod when we passed each other. As far as how he did.......well, let me say I was a little surprised when I saw it was a 86/87 car. I was able to hear the anouncers on two of his runs, and the 2nd I was also able to see his time from the pits, both were in the 15's (15.3@85 on the one right before I saw him). Like I said, wasnt really able to speak to him, so dont know what issues he was having. I was pretty busy trying my best to tune my car a bit [burning up some crummy street tires :rolleyes: ] since recovering from the recent fluttering/popping problem. Installed a linelock today, and will throw on some DRs next time and see if I can improve the short times some. Cars running real good for the most part, seems to be back on track (no pun intended) from where I left off last year.