Genuine GM Emblems

souljasmooth

I just bought some GN emblems from a member on this forum, and he sent me these 3. Two of the have a dull color to it, and one is bright. The two that are dull, are in GM bags. My current emblems that are on the car is bright like the one that is out of the bag. And I am almost positive that the ones I have on my car are original. The genuine GM ones have a blue sticky back, and the one out of the bag has an orange sticky back in case that means anything. Can someone please explain this to me? I didnt think getting new emblems would be this confusing.

Attachments

• GNemblems.jpg
    GNemblems.jpg
    290.3 KB · Views: 172
Thanks for the video. I am going to weigh them tonight, and see if any of them stick to a magnet. So are you saying my emblems could all be genuine GM emblems, but just look different depending on when they were produced?

So all 3 of my emblems weigh about the same. Can anyone tell me why the color is way off? The brighter one matches what is on my car now. But that is the only one that is not in a GM bag.

originals were cast on copper backing glass surface (kiln fired glass) , if emblem sticks to a magnet its a repop and probably is plastic cast not glass
What a great video pacecarta. Thank you for sharing that with us.

yes that is a great video from highway stars I have bought one of there emblems and it seems legit best bet is to have them in GM bags
I talked to sales rep at gbodyparts.com he said that they bought 500 of the last authentic ones 3or 4 years ago and split it with kirban gonna check one of theirs out
the ones in the bag look legit to me the red is more Burgundy and the yellow is like a marbled gold or something not completely smooth looking
I still don't know if I'm going to changed mine out bc I like the old patina of mine
just gonna start hoarding parts now I know I have a problem

EMBLEM from Highway star pics ,I like the quality ,for me seem better quality (Chrome) color is the same,if I compare from nos,I have 3 nos in stock her ..my opinion

Attachments

• IMG_1813.JPG
    IMG_1813.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 79
kirban 2 cents worth originals made by a US company same company that makes the Harley Davidson emblems....have to remember several runs of them have been made so age and runs may vary slightly. some had orange tape some had blue tape on the back not an issue...

at one time very costly now prices have come down.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

The emblems on my car now are real bright just like the one I showed in my picture out of the bag. The two that are in their GM bags are real dark looking. The red is more like maroon, and the yellow is closer to a gold color.

Mine are maroon & gold on my car as you can see below. I wonder why some are different than others?
20181010_181915.jpg