Gen7 running. First tuning question, idle related.

Rotax

First of all i already have an error code, its related to the wideband O² sensor, its stuck lean, but on my other WB i see it running real rich.What can cause that.
Also i have a hunting idle, but maybe its WB related.
Idea's?

Call Noah at Accel Tech. His direct number is 248-380-2780. Their guys are great to work with.

Originally posted by Rotax
First of all i already have an error code, its related to the wideband O² sensor, its stuck lean, but on my other WB i see it running real rich.What can cause that.
Also i have a hunting idle, but maybe its WB related.
Idea's?

The wideband may be damaged, first check the sensor to see if it is rattling, sometimes they get physicaly damaged. Are you saying you have two DFI O2 wideband systems? If that is the case, try swapping boxes with the same sensor, then try swapping sensors on the same box, figure out which part is realy bad. Chances are, your bick is bad if the sensor isn't rattling, I have seen it on a couple of them.

BTW, Noah doesnt work at DFI anymore, Craig Smith however does ;-)

The sensor was rattling.... i tried another one, still doesnt work.
I talked to Craig Smith, and i sent them back the brick and both sensors.

Now it looks like there is another problem in the main unit this time....

Reading on the screen about manifold vacuum doesnt match my good and trusted guage.
I even tried another guage i had laying around.
I tried my other 3bar Map i have from my old PMS setup, same
results.

Today i had another vacuum fitting put on my intake, used brand new aeroquip high pressure hose and hooked the Map sensor alone.

The only way i can get somekind of accuracy between guage and screen, is to configure as a 1bar sensor.

If under boost, both screen and guage showed the same. (3bar setting)

Looks like they have software issues too... i just hope they pay shipping...

Keep in mind that the software MAP display is PSIa, vacuum referenced, while your gauge is not.

Unless you are getting MAP error codes, or it isn't reading anything at all, it's probably working right but may be configured wrong.

Re: Re: Gen7 running. First tuning question, idle related.

BTW, Noah doesnt work at DFI anymore, Craig Smith however does ;-) [/B][/QUOTE]

No kidding, I just talked to him a few weeks ago. Thanks for telling me that as he is/was supposed to get me a part for my throttle body. I'll have to follow up on that.

I heard on the Power Tour this past week that Craig found a new home.