Gen 6 question

Foggedv6

Quick question, the first of many I'm sure. Any I have a gen 6 box with the buick jumper harness. Where does this 4 pin female weather pack connector go?
This is in a hybrid s10 so I might have unknowingly removed what ever its supposed to plug into. The problem I'm having is it starts and runs with the stock ecm, but the dfi seems to be only seeing default readings. Like 0% tps and 256 degree temps. :confused:

I think that is for the communication cable, what are you reading those numbers from? How are you communicatiing with the dfi?

norbs said:
I think that is for the communication cable, what are you reading those numbers from? How are you communicatiing with the dfi?

I have the communication cable hooked up, thats a male connector. I'm getting the numbers the ignition table where it has an option that says "view" when you click that it goes to another screen that shows values like tps, map, coolant temp, etc.
I'm using an old ibm laptop to communcate with the dfi. I've never delt with dfi so please bare with me the only stand alone ecm I've used is mircotech and I dont know how many of my lessons learned will carry over from that.

I took a picture of the connector in question
Thanks, Eric

Attachments

• CONNECTORS.JPG
    CONNECTORS.JPG
    82.7 KB · Views: 104
That is probably for the power tuner, the little box with two knobs on it, that lets you control idle and wot fueling. Leving it unplugged wont hurt. All your data on the view screen should work, unless the harness is no good. What values are you getting?

To answer your question about the values heres what I got.
Map= -12.5 psi
Tps= 0%
Coolant temp= +234
Coolant enrichment= 0
Air Temp= +221
Air temp enrichment= 1.6
Gross pw= 3.3
o2 crtn= 0
Advance= 15.0
Batt= 12.3
When I unplug the Tps and coolant temp sensor, the coolant temp value and air temp value drop to +173

I tried to dig into the problem a little further this weekend, and I think I found the problem with the Tps and map values. Since there both run off the same 5 volt referance, when I measure for voltage at the tps and at Tps output in the ecm connector I'm only seeing .25 of a volt.
I've check all the grounds at the ecm connector and all are good. So I'm kinda of leaning towards an internal problem with the dfi box itself.

Some other info that may be useful(or my problem)
Im using an 84' harness.
I dont have an air temp sensor hooked up yet
When I plug in the stock 84 ecm it starts and runs, though I tried to pull codes out of it using the flashing check engine light method and I cant get any codes out of it. Even the normal code 12, the light just stays lit. I though maybe I had the prom in backwards so I swapped it around and got the usually code sequence with a prom error code.

Kind of a ramble but I tried to include everything that is going on. I'm about of ideas so maybe you can help.

Thanks Eric