Gen 2 translator tps issue

getdowngranny

Mr. Fix It
So I received the gen 2. Installed the ls1 maf and programmed the settings in the gen 2. Everything was fine. Tps fine, idle fine, ran good, all numbers were perfect.

I have the gen 2 plug and play adaptor so I was maneuvering the computer to find a spot were it will all fit.

Turned on the car, idle went high and tps was reading 1.5. I adjusted iac per instructions and when trying to adjust tps, it will not go any lower than .6. Mind you I had it at 0.40 before I moved the computer.

Took the tps off the throttle body while still plugged in, still will not go any lower than .6.

Reset everything and still same issues.

Disconnect gen 2 and adaptor harness, put in stock maf, and still get only .6.

Everything else works fine. But tps won't go any lower.

Everything was perfect before I moved the computer around. I checked all cables and nothing looks wrong.

Please help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The O2 sensor is on pins D6 tan ground for O2, and D7 purple for the sensor output at the ECM.

The black connector inside the ECM is labeled better than the plugs.

It will reset your chip settings if you unplug them so make sure you are ready to reprogram if necessary.

Check them for continuity ground to back of the head (or relocation point) and purple to the O2 sensor connector with a good ohm meter.

Car off test obviously.

Clean the ECM pins and look for corrosion or water in there.

If you use the top plastic piece at the ECM it's easy for water to get in the connector, found that out this week myself. :oops::eek::(

Ok. Found the issue. Looks like previous owner had a bstc boost controller rigged up at the harness. I cut the wires off and everything came back to normal. They did a pretty crappy job with the wiring and it there looks to be something else wire to the harness. I think it's the alky control. Does caspers sell the connector to the computer so that I can re do all the wiring?

Ok. Found the issue. Looks like previous owner had a bstc boost controller rigged up at the harness. I cut the wires off and everything came back to normal. They did a pretty crappy job with the wiring and it there looks to be something else wire to the harness. I think it's the alky control. Does caspers sell the connector to the computer so that I can re do all the wiring?

Yes

The BSTC doesn't normally wire to the O2 sensor pins in any way.

Caspers does sell the ends.