Gbodyparts.com sorry it came to this

HeloCrewChief

Well I know I'm going to catch some crap for this but, I have ran out of time and options. While I was still in the Army and stationed at Ft.Bragg, N.C. I went to gbodyparts in person a few months back and spent about $1100 on several parts for my 87 GN. They were very helpful and had everything I needed. When I was checking out, briefly a question came up about the window sweeps. I believe it was the cashier that told Brian I had to passenger sides to which he responded " I think they are the same for both sides". I didnt think anything of it and was on my way after spending $1100 with them. I sent my GN to paint shortly after. About a month ago I was in the process of transitioning from military to college and moving back to California. My painter called me to tell me that I had given him two passenger side window sweeps. I then drove 2 hours to his house in Asheboro to pick up the window sweep and check out the car. The day before I left to move to California I mailed the window sweep with my painters address on it to Gbodyparts and gave them a call and let them know what was going on. The guy said ok, Ill let you know if there are any issues. Well about a week and a half goes by and nothing. I call back and this time a lady says the guy that deals with shipping is out of town and that she would call me back next monday, which is today. No phone call of course. So I call in and no one knows what I'm talking about and that they need a tracking number. Then they said Brian would call me as soon as he was done with a customer. Nothing so far. My shipper is scheduled to pick up my car on Sunday and my painter is pissed that he can't finish it before then. So, does anyone know where I can get one drivers side window sweep for my GN?

another $110.

Went through steele rubber parts. Had to spend $110 because I had to buy them in pairs. Didn't want to ship my car cross country with the door glass rattling around and the door panel hangning off. This Veteran/ College student could have used that money. I guess some people dont care about losing customers in this economy.

As somebody who has bought a lot from G-body Parts I'm going to go out on a limb and say maybe you're being a little premature with this. Brian is one of the more helpful vendors IMO and I'm sure he had every intention of making it right before you posted this.
S.

The problem has been going on for over 3 weeks. Maybe I should have waited another 3? Put yourself in my shoes. Something had to happen. Car is getting picked up this weekend.

I find it hard to believe that Brian would tell anybody that window sweeps were the same for both sides. That's just crazy. That's like saying the doors are the same for both sides. Sounds like a misunderstanding. Brian has always been very understanding and helpful in fixing any issues. I've ordered from him dozens of times, and on the rare occasion that there is an issue, he has been on top of it. Just saying....

Well I know I'm going to catch some crap for this but, I have ran out of time and options. While I was still in the Army and stationed at Ft.Bragg, N.C. I went to gbodyparts in person a few months back and spent about $1100 on several parts for my 87 GN. They were very helpful and had everything I needed. When I was checking out, briefly a question came up about the window sweeps. I believe it was the cashier that told Brian I had to passenger sides to which he responded " I think they are the same for both sides". I didnt think anything of it and was on my way after spending $1100 with them. I sent my GN to paint shortly after. About a month ago I was in the process of transitioning from military to college and moving back to California. My painter called me to tell me that I had given him two passenger side window sweeps. I then drove 2 hours to his house in Asheboro to pick up the window sweep and check out the car. The day before I left to move to California I mailed the window sweep with my painters address on it to Gbodyparts and gave them a call and let them know what was going on. The guy said ok, Ill let you know if there are any issues. Well about a week and a half goes by and nothing. I call back and this time a lady says the guy that deals with shipping is out of town and that she would call me back next monday, which is today. No phone call of course. So I call in and no one knows what I'm talking about and that they need a tracking number. Then they said Brian would call me as soon as he was done with a customer. Nothing so far. My shipper is scheduled to pick up my car on Sunday and my painter is pissed that he can't finish it before then. So, does anyone know where I can get one drivers side window sweep for my GN?

Yes you could of just e-mailed me. Chris our shipping manager took a vacation. Not everything stops but it doesn't run like it normally does.We appreciate your business but you have also been to our shop.
You see how much time I spend with customers espescially walk ins. I'm guessing we were BSing about a car & got side tracked & never got you the driver side.

Well I just threatened to clear my shop out just to find out the dew sweep was never returned & policy (Mine). Trip was waiting for you yesterday to give him a Tracking # for the return. That is why I didn't get the message because he didn't have all of the info.
I just went back there with no dew sweeps out of there GM packages. No boxes with your name on there.
Do you have the tracking # for the return? Granted we have 6 back there that were damaged & returned but none with your name. They wouldn't return to us. I'm not saying you didn't return it but a tracking # would have speeded all this up.
If you would of e-mailed me & I couldn't find yours with a piece of tape on it I would have e-mailed you back looking for the tracking # as well.

I think you ask any vendor that sells dew sweeps what is there highest damage claim & they would tell you dew sweeps. Is it possible it was damaged on the way to us?

I'm sorry it came to this as well. By the time you made those calls & posted all this it could have been resolved with a few e-mails & a TR#.

Brian will make it right for you,I have been dealing with him for years ,and never had a problem,he is a very honest guy to deal with.

Absolutley....Brian will make it good for you....he will go out on a limb to help...he's one of the top vendors here on the site, so try and give the guy a break.

Trust him, he'll help you out, this I know of.

Bruce '87 Grand National

Everytime I have ordered something from Brian I get off the phone go straight to my front door and it is sitting there!!he is a very honest vendor.Your right you are going to take some crap for posting this .Hope you guys get it worked out

feel your pain

Give the guy a break, he is the man when it comes to these cars,he can only do so much only being one person.He runs a very professional bus. and he is a very busy man he cant over see every transaction. I can understand your frustration but do youself a favor and dont burn this bridge with him he is a wealth of nowledge and a down to earth guy who loves cars. When Im in need of something or have a question I go to him and dont second guess him,just slow down a bit HE WILL MAKE IT RIGHT!!! ;)

Brian offered to send me another dew sweep. I appreciate it very much but, I already ordered some more and my painter recieved them today. Should be able to get them on before the weekend. This is my final piece on it. I live 3 hours away from Brian so after a few days of them not recieving it I would have appreciated it three weeks ago if they told me it had not come in. Instead I had to pry that out of the guy on the phone yesterday. I had no idea they had not recieved it until yesterday. I bet you guys would have felt the same way if it happened to you.

your words---I would have appreciated it three weeks ago if they told me it had not come in.

i understand where you are coming from but BW takes care of his Business/customers..

but is BW a mind reader and know that you truely sent it...i am still waitng for a part from some dildo on this board from may 12,says its in the mail...

sounds like mis communication which happens

Wondering Service

Chief, i am with you. Customer spent 1,000$ over there and they think you would f--k around for a dew sweep. How cheap can a business man be.

I spent six months emailing Brian back and forth while my car was in construction. At least once a day and I allways got a email back from him. If you would have emailed Brian direct I'm sure your issue would have been resolved that day. The name of the game is customer service reputation and Brian has an excellent reputation.

Bandaid- When I called I was told we got it. If there are any issues we will call you.

I asked & no one said they received it. I tore apart the shop yesterday looking for one. Even damaged units we had here that were returned I opened up. Looked for tape marks or evidence of tape marks. Thinking it may have came from a mail shipping business.

This is where the communication problem comes in.

1 post: "I live 3 hours away from Brian so after a few days of them not recieving it I would have appreciated it three weeks ago if they told me it had not come in."

a later post : "Bandaid- When I called I was told we got it. If there are any issues we will call you."

So did they tell you they received it or not? :confused:

buickfreak it is $75.00. $75 is $75. We had to change policies due to the fact I would get:
I need this turbo please. My check will be deposited in my account & clear on Friday. I have to have this turbo sooner so I can install & race. I'll return this other turbo today & provide a TR#.
Stuck for $2k James Banary.
He had spent about $1k with me already. BTW he also had a TR# it just never moved.
Just 1 example of many.
Small parts we do give away. I also try to take this case by case.
That is why I offered to get him one out until we could get the tracking # & he could get his car done.

BWEAVY is one of the good guys

Yeah, I know when it comes to crunch time and things aren't going as planned it is very easy to get frustrated....and when you perceive you are getting the dreaded run-around, blowing a cork is pretty much the next step.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying you blew a cork at any point, that is just my personal progression to eventually losing my cool.

You spent extra money that you probably shouldn't had to have spent but unfortunately that sometimes happens when a key milestone in the critical path to a project is in jeapardy. It sucks but tight timelines have their inherent risks.

I did a ton of business with Brian last summer when I restored my GN and although we hit the occasional snag, Brian ALWAYS made it right. Quickly. More than right on one occasion when he didn't even require me to return the part (hood emblem that cracked in half during its ride) and instead just threw another in a box and got it to me right away.

Brian takes pride in his business, is passionate about TB's and truly is one of the good guys. We should all be glad to have him as a resource.

Yeah, I know when it comes to crunch time and things aren't going as planned it is very easy to get frustrated....and when you perceive you are getting the dreaded run-around, blowing a cork is pretty much the next step.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying you blew a cork at any point, that is just my personal progression to eventually losing my cool.

You spent extra money that you probably shouldn't had to have spent but unfortunately that sometimes happens when a key milestone in the critical path to a project is in jeapardy. It sucks but tight timelines have their inherent risks.

I did a ton of business with Brian last summer when I restored my GN and although we hit the occasional snag, Brian ALWAYS made it right. Quickly. More than right on one occasion when he didn't even require me to return the part (hood emblem that cracked in half during its ride) and instead just threw another in a box and got it to me right away.

Brian takes pride in his business, is passionate about TB's and truly is one of the good guys. We should all be glad to have him as a resource.

I can't agree more !!!