Gauging interest in new progressive controller

dvldoc

Here's the features as of right now more are being thought up as I type.

Adjustible starting point

Adjustible max pressure point

Adjustible ramp speed

Adjustible use for any vehicle with a MAP sensor. Use the scroll feature to go from any bar map sensor for operation.

Displays boost

Full LCD screen no pots or knobs to adjust.

Full data not just a LED light display

workS on a 0-5 volt systems TPS, MAF, MAP.

Rotory selector switch to scroll with (like what many new car radios have) turn on way for up the other for down and push to select.

The same screen and simular set up as this is being used. I had the same guy design it.

Just look at the pic below then picture better than that:eek:

I got tired of all the backorders from the big three and decided to get my own made

186_2.jpg

So what do you think. They will be out in about 2 weeks.

Sounds great.

I guess i'm not one of the big three?

The water is fine, jump rite on in :D

Hope you at least run it on your own vehicle for a few months to shake bugs out before subjecting....

2 years to this date.. I was writing the same post..

Good luck with the pump drive.. ;)

Thanks.

The guy that making these does most of the electronics for our cars. 8 years as a Navy Nuc and his degree in nuclear engineering isn't hurting any either.;)

here's a few things he has made.
http://www.zzperformance.com/products1.php?id=186
http://www.zzperformance.com/products1.php?id=176
http://www.zzperformance.com/products1.php?id=174
http://www.zzperformance.com/products1.php?id=187
http://www.zzperformance.com/products1.php?id=172

So you can be sure of them being properly vetted before release and a rock solid product.

I wish you the very best.

But your not the one making it, your subcontracting someone to make the item for you.

Sounds like your back to square one.

Being in the service end of repairing items(150,000+), having an engineering degree as well.. I see what engineers have designed and faults/issues that have come up with multimillion dollar engineering efforts.

Some comments i'd like to share but cant.

Look at the first 69.00 VCR's how long they lasted :D Those were designed by the best minds :D

There is a lot more to this than meets the eye. And some hidden away trade secrets.

Originally posted by Jicaju
Hey Razor, don't you ever sleep????:D I'm not till my kit and chip arrives.:D

How can I with all these backorders :D

You wont sleep after you put the boost up on that car.. that will end normal life for you .. In a few months I'll be seeing posts in the turbo and tranny sections of the board.

On its way.. Guess you'll be busy this weekend ;)

Trans along with a $15,000 stage motor;) Or maybe I'll just pull a turbo off one of my D-8 Caterpillars.:eek: Maybe it can blow hard enough to stretch out that THDP.:D

Looks nice dvldoc

What do you think the pricing will be?

I assume it will be compatible with the Shurflo pump, or any 12v pump?

Its probably time to upgrade the single stage setup I have..I was thinking about adding Razor's controller this summer.

..and I'm assuming that the controller will allow you to turn the pump on at any map voltage..including map voltages that correspond to vacuum conditions (so that I can start dribbling in the alky early).

I see you say 'adjustable starting point' but the output voltage at the starting point needs to be adjustable as well. I'm assuming thats what you mean by ramp speed.

Stage 1 controller around $100
Stage 2 controller under $200

Since I'm not a vendor on the forum I won't go into any sales pitches.

Wow, thats real nice

If im reading that pic right, it looks like you can trim alky at individual rpm points to basically set up your own ramp curve

That is alot more like what I am looking for. I was thinking that using a GM ecm somehow to run an alky kit for the purpose of adding some of the GM fueling functionality would be badass

This looks like it has some of that functionality

I think the natural progression of these alky kits is going to end up with software that looks similar to an SD VE chart, that way you could run it on anything easily including just high CR N/A apps and really fine tune things.

Remember your dealing with a single nozzle not fuel injectors and a large pump. small changes cannot happen.

Unless you use fuel injectors... and develop a system to run on alcohol.

Words like lag, mass, pressure, etc play a major role.

HTH

maybe just a system that uses a return and a controller that modulates vacuum/pressure to a regulator in that system much like an electronic boost controller works the wastegate.

Here's the controller I'm running in my car right now, we made some cosmetic changes to the laser cut front plate like closing up the circles to only expose the arrow on the controlls and a smooth radius edge all the way around the corners. We desided to save the adjustible ramp speed for the LCD version (Stage 2 controller) This this is smooth and precise were damm happy with it. Don't let the large image fool you it's barley longer than your car key. It small and smart.

alc8.jpg

Really, how many ways can you mount pots and put leds in a case?

The fact that it has two controlls and 3 LED is about the only thing it has in common with any other unit. It's what's inside the controller that is the real kicker.

And the fact this can be programmed to any BAR MAP sensor and simply put a new face plate on it is anouther advantage.

I'm not surprised by half the replies I get on here.

I guess I should not bother posting the LCD version with boost display, multiple menus, selectable MAP sensor use, 0 to 100 PSI adjustments in .5 psi increaments, PWM status, Adjustible psi increments, adjustible ramp speed, Pump health monitor, voltage display, ect, ect, ect and ect. :rolleyes:

New controller

I recently installed the dvdloc's new progressive controller on my 87 GN.
Having owned and ridden in cars with both PAC and SME's controllers, I can say Devilsown holds its own against its competitors. The compactness and ease of installation is what makes it shine. 4 Wires and that's it! Dialing it in was a breeze and I thought it would be difficuilt with just two knobs. It is the most affordable and probably the easiest to install. Hopefully, I can get to the track to post some numbers!