Gauging interest in my Oil Booster Plates

Coach

Bo ran away with my goat :(
Hello Guys,
Since I started posting again...I have received several massages about my Oil Booster plates. I am checking into material costs. If you are interested in purchasing one of them....or more then one, please post here.
Price before was $55 shipped. I will see how much stainless steel has gone up.

This is the thread about the plates. I only build them...I have not used one, but guys like Bison and Lee Thompson have. They can answer your questions.

Thank you
Coach

http://www.turbobuick.com/threads/coachs-booster-plate-step-by-step.332711/

Hi Coach, I would be interested in at least 1. Keep me in mind if they go into production. Thanks, Alan 856-305-3758

Hi Coach,
I'm in for one too.
Are these are the same as the ones that you made long ago?
Believe they were also de-magnetized?

thanks

dave

Hi Coach,
I'm in for one too.
Are these are the same as the ones that you made long ago?
Believe they were also de-magnetized?

thanks

dave
Yes. I'll make them from Stainless steel again.
I'm getting prices now.

Im in for one. Dont know that I need it but its one of those parts I would be willing to buy and stick on the shelf...

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

Im in for one. Dont know that I need it but its one of those parts I would be willing to buy and stick on the shelf...

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk
That's kind of what I'm thinking too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Coach How about the AN -6 adapter for stock fuel rail are you making-selling them ?

Coach How about the AN -6 adapter for stock fuel rail are you making-selling them ?
I think Jack at racetronix has those now.... I thought I saw a post on FB a while back...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Do you mean this piece I made for my car???the fuel line is -4AN
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Coach, the best material to use is cast iron. It is porus and will hold oil much better than SS or hard anodized aluminum. Look into it. I had a friend that made me a few of them many years ago. (RIP Dale Robertson). He knew more about metallurgy and extreme power than I ever will. Great friend to have spent thousands of hours with. Always a step (or three) ahead of me, even though I have build 5,000+ HP racing (gasoline) engines for a living.

Coach, the best material to use is cast iron. It is porus and will hold oil much better than SS or hard anodized aluminum. Look into it. I had a friend that made me a few of them many years ago. (RIP Dale Robertson). He knew more about metallurgy and extreme power than I ever will. Great friend to have spent thousands of hours with. Always a step (or three) ahead of me, even though I have build 5,000+ HP racing (gasoline) engines for a living.
Thank you. I agree on the cast holding oil much better, but what these are doing is creating a wear surface for the oil pump gears. The Kenne Bell plates were alum and the slurry of metal on the bottoms of the gears caused a sort of lapping compound and it ate into the plate, and before you knew it...you had a big clearance issue and pressure drop. By switiching to 304 stainless...and advising the guys to get their gears "de-magged" before installing them...it greatly reduced the slurry and they wear much better. There are plates that I have made about 7 years ago, and there is still no wear on the plate.
The Melling kit has an iron wear plate, but I have no source for finding 0.125 iron plate in sheets that I can machine. the Melling plate is at least .25 and cast iron is very fragile. I have never seen a sheet of cast iron or plates of cast iron for sale. I would have to carve it from a block and that creates a whole different array of processes.
I do not doubt it would work, but for cost and ease of machining and availability...I think the stainless is the best option.
Thank you for your post. I know from reading your stuff for years...you know what your talking about.