Gauges

Tinted 7 color gauges

Yep.....Just finished installing them this weekend. Boost gauge in the pillar, and 3 gauges in the GNS 3 gauge pod that I painted to match my maroone interior on my T. They Look really good. I have the wideband o2, oil pressure and engine temp in the 3 gauge pod. At night they really light up nice and during the day they look great also but a little harder to see my boost gauge at the angle it is on the single a pillar pod. So far I am really happy and have had alot of good coments so far about them. They were reasonably easy to install (had a really good friend of mine, F1 Dave, help on the install...thanks Dave). I dont have the ability to download pics from my cell phone to the computer, but I have some pics on my cell phone that I can forward you if you want. pm me with your cell and I will forward them and maybe you could put them up on the board so other could see. Hope this helps....Dave ;)

Ps They seem pretty accurate from my calculations.

I was looking at these gauges also. It sure gives these cars a more modern look. They are at a great price but I have read on recent threads that they are not as accurate. I remember some one saying " you get what you pay for"

I replaced the autometer boost gauge with the gauges in question vac/boost gauge and the boost registered exactly the same. The temp gauge reads accurately when compared to my scanmaster. Although the scanmaster is faster when adjusting to quick changes in temp, but overall accurate(so far). The air fuel wideband o2, dont really know because I didnt have something to compare it to. I did put the "new bosch 4.9 o2 sensor" that came with it way down just in front of where the cat would be, I understand it is more accurate the further down u go. The engine oil pressure gauge seems to be good, idle pressure warmed up is about 20lbs and seems to work properly under acceleration.

I had the same reservations about using these gauges and so did my buddy,
F1 Dave, but we were both pleasantly surprised.(so far)

Just my .02 cents worth.

Picture of the gauges

Here is a picture of the gauges in question that we installed last weekend. You can change the color of the gauges easily. Sorry about the picture but cant figure out how to turn it around. ;)

Attachments

• Gauges.jpg
    Gauges.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 393
Get a proven gauge... Autometer, VDO... your motor is worth more than pretty lights and saving a few bucks on a cheap gauge. Just because it works out of the box doesn't mean it'll hold up to heat and vibration as time goes by.

Get a proven gauge... Autometer, VDO... your motor is worth more than pretty lights and saving a few bucks on a cheap gauge. Just because it works out of the box doesn't mean it'll hold up to heat and vibration as time goes by.

Thanks, I'll remember that. Like i said in a previous post....replaced the autometer boost gauge and was exactly same reading but like I said everything works well "so far". I wonder what would have happened to autometer or vdo if everyone had that same attitude. No body would have been able to prove they were good gauges either without a try.......I will keep you informed if they turn out to be crappy, promise. ;)

They are at a great price but I have read on recent threads that they are not as accurate. I remember some one saying " you get what you pay for"

Don't worry Flat.. what's the worst that can happen :biggrin:

I just bought the fuel pressure, oil pressure, and vac boost red LED series from Glow Shift to match the scanmaster and not get to new aged. Have not installed yet but I think it will be really nice! By the way I purchased the oil pressure sandwich adapter that goes in front of my oil filter but found out it wont work. What the eaisiest and best way to tap into the oil prssure with out changing the oil because I just did it the other day.

I just bought the fuel pressure, oil pressure, and vac boost red LED series from Glow Shift to match the scanmaster and not get to new aged. Have not installed yet but I think it will be really nice! By the way I purchased the oil pressure sandwich adapter that goes in front of my oil filter but found out it wont work. What the eaisiest and best way to tap into the oil prssure with out changing the oil because I just did it the other day.

I just took the idiot light sending unit out and went to home depot and matched up fittings and reinstalled it. Who needs the idiot light anyway(well maybe I do but thats a different issue alltogether) :wink:

Hey flat, do you have velcro or something keeping the scanmaster in place?

actually I have some sticky dots that i put on all 4 corners and that holds it in place nicely, they have been there for years. It will move if you try to move it but otherwise it stays in place pretty well. Velcro dots should work also. Just make sure you wipe the area down with an alchohol swab or something like that first to get a nice clean surface.

I must admit I am really feeling the blue background with red needle. Very nice look. I think most VW's have them.
Learn how to turn it around and make it bigger and then post again:)

So does oil spill out when removing the idiot light?

Also what dye did You use for your pod?

Yeah a little oil did spill out, we just put a oil pan underneath. Didnt lose much though.

As for the die, it was spray paint that a friend gave me that he thought he got from gbody in 2005. It was a perfect match to the dark clarnet interior. I ordered a can from gbody when I ran out but the new stuff was a lighter color. So I took the old can and found the manufacturer and ordered a can from them for $30:eek:($20 and $10 to ship:mad:) and it was the right color match. I will have to look at the invoice to get u the co's name and # if u need it....just lmk.