Gauges and pods question

BoostedV6

One of the first things I want to do is install gauges in my 87 GN. The car came with a two gauge pod that fits on the center console. I want to put in a triple gauge pillar pod but can't find one. Can someone point me in the right direction to find one.

The gauges I paln on using are boost, tranny temp, oil pressure, water temp and knock. I would prefer white faced gauges. What does everyone use?

Does this list look right? I would appreciate everyones input and pictures if you have them.

TIA,
-Allen

Try this one:

http://www.gaugepods.com/buick.htm

A scan tool is a excellent idea.

You will want a good fuel pressure gauge either under the hood, into the inside of the car(insulated fuel line), or mounted on the hood(most peps dont like this one, but I love mine)

The type of gauges that you use are up to what you like. You can look at my pictures by clicking the link in my sig.

HTH, Nick:cool:

Thanks Nick.

I actually like the fuel gauge outside. Did you have to do any drilling and does the fuel line scratch anything?

Thanks,
-Allen

The bracket I used is from Cotton Performance. The bracket bolts to the bottom of the hood. I put it in place of the underhood light.....so if I want to the light bracket would cover up the holes if I ever want to take the gauge off. Then I zip tied the fuel line to the bracket so it doesnt scratch the back of the hood. It looks nice and I get a lot of looks from people. I really like mine on the hood. One guy asked me once why my tach is on my hood..........ya and it a Monte Carlo SS right? :D I probably spent a total of $125 - $150 on that guage setup......

Fittings, Liquid filled autometer gauge, line, bracket, cup, valve to hook up to the end of the fuel rail.

HTH, Nick :D

Check with Ron from Rons Auto he sells (although not to me) a triple gauge pod that mounts on top of the radio vertically alond the dash pad that will hold three 2 1/16th guages and requires no drilling. Nice piece.........you should have no problem buying one;)

Hello:
there are several places you can find those, but most are single or twin a-pillar holders, so you may have to use a single and a twin to make three. Here are a few of them:

Jay's GN (jaysgn.com)
Kirban performance (kirbanperformance.com)
Poston enterprises 1-800-635-9781

Have fun.....Chris

Thanks for the info.

www.gaugepods.com has a really nice looking triple gauge pillar pod which I will probably go with (thanks 1Quick85.) I would like to see what the triple gauge pod that mounts on the dash looks like first though. Does Ron have a web I can look at?

Thanks

I would like to see the triple gauge pod on top the radio too! Got a link to a good picture of it installed?

nick

I just finished installing gauges in my wifes GN.Used the 2 pod windshield setup with Autometer white Phantoms,Electric fuel pressure and boost.
Then in front of the shifter installed Cyberdyne digital engine temp and oil pressure.(much easier to read at a quick glance)