My GN has no after market gauges on it. Im planning to install:
a console gauge (2 pod), and
a 2 pod pillar gauge.
let me know if this is the route to go.
Knock gauge,
boost gauge,
RPM gauge & was thinking of
a oil & water single gauge unit.

BTW....I already have a scanmaster installed but dont like the playing with buttons to figure out your numbers...:tongue:.

If you guys can do me a fovor, post some pics up of your pods, gauge layouts, customized work, ideas, im still up in the air and willing to take suggestions.

thanks
;)

If you search there is thread with pictures of how guys mounted there guages. I would definatly get a Oil psi, Water temp, Boost, and either knock or Wideband.

gaugeplate004.jpg

screw the radio.

IMG_0976.jpg

In/on the dash, I have:
Scanmaster
Speedometer
Tachometer
Boost/Vac
Oil PSI
Fuel Level
Water Temp
11.jpg

There is a really nice plug-and-play GNX dash setup available through WorldofMotorworks.com Buick Grand National Parts & Accessories in case you consider going that route.

In the A-Pillar:
Fuel PSI
Air / Fuel (Narrow-band pictured, now using a wide-band)
Voltemeter
13.jpg

I'm going to change the order of these soon. It will be:
Voltemeter
Wide-band
Fuel PSI

In the floor console:
Oil Temp
Trans Temp
12.jpg

IMG_0976.jpg

In/on the dash, I have:
Scanmaster
Speedometer
Tachometer
Boost/Vac
Oil PSI
Fuel Level
Water Temp
11.jpg

There is a really nice plug-and-play GNX dash setup available through WorldofMotorworks.com Buick Grand National Parts & Accessories in case you consider going that route.

In the A-Pillar:
Fuel PSI
Air / Fuel (Narrow-band pictured, now using a wide-band)
Voltemeter
13.jpg

I'm going to change the order of these soon. It will be:
Voltemeter
Wide-band
Fuel PSI

In the floor console:
Oil Temp
Trans Temp
12.jpg

Sweet.........

Spoolie

I have the same setup only in a straight line. How did you get the frame to stay in place? I tried hot glue but it keeps falling out.

Also i agree on the knock guage not very accurate good for a light show though:D. Id stick with oil water and boost, then get a knock alarm!

Spoolie

I have the same setup only in a straight line. How did you get the frame to stay in place? I tried hot glue but it keeps falling out.

Also i agree on the knock guage not very accurate good for a light show though:D. Id stick with oil water and boost, then get a knock alarm!

i drilled holes in the metal plate to match up with the factory radio mount holes...very simple. see the holes in this picture...they bolt right up to the metal framing in the dash.

4thandskatepark336.jpg

Is that GNX dash panel with the round speedo and gauges ?

Very nice !

Even the scan master does not look out of place and I normally hate how scanmasters look ... like they are out of place stuck on etc.....

Sweet.........
Thanks ag! :)

Dj Red baron,
Where did you get and what brand are those turbo v6 gauges..Thanks
I got them from Gauges, Custom Gauges, Tachometers, Speedometers, Shift Light, Pod. You can send them a pic of artwork you would like used on the gauge face. :cool: Also, they allow you to choose gauge face, needle color, letter/number font, backlighting color, etc. It took about 10 days from time of order to delivery and that was during the holidays. Not too bad for custom gauges IMO.

Is that GNX dash panel with the round speedo and gauges ?

Very nice !

Even the scan master does not look out of place and I normally hate how scanmasters look ... like they are out of place stuck on etc.....
Yep. That's a GNX dash setup (minus SW gauges) from WorldofMotorworks.com Buick Grand National Parts & Accessories.

Thank you very much! :)

I tried to make everything "flow" in the car.

I belive he got them from speedhut.com. He's been whoreing those pictures for quite some time :p
My Drifter friend is correct. I am probably the biggest pic-whore on this site. :D

If you got it, flaunt it :cool:
Thank ya Jay! :cool:

I hope those are not mechanical fuel and oil pressure gauges.
They are not. I didn't want to chance bad things happening in the event of a malfunction of some sort. :eek:

Here's what I did for the cockpit look. Since I now have a Powerlogger I have decided to go simpler and am switching to a GNX dash so I'll be selling the dash setup soon

IMG_2683.jpg

IMG_2677.jpg

Me its nothing fency, basic pod / VDO setup.
Everyting can go back to stock in a jiffy! No holes.

Since my car its for sale, if the next owner want to bargain too much, you gonna see some gauge for sale :p

DSCF1010-1.jpg

Where did you guys get the full length A-pillar gauge pod? I currently have a non full length 2 gauge A-pillar gauge pod that looks kinda crappy.