Gauge cluster from 80s Olds 442 in a GN.

jj86gn

Figured I'd throw this one out there to the junkyard dogs

Can the gauge cluster from the 80's Olds 442 fit in our cars?? I've seen photos of them and it looks like it would fit without too much problems. Kinda looks like the GNX dash.

I wonder how you would make the 8 cylinder tach work with a V6,I know it can be done,I just dont know how

I wonder how you would make the 8 cylinder tach work with a V6

They had the same cluster in V6 cars but its harder to find. The problem is that cluster is wider than the cluster in the Buick and if I remember correctly their idiot lights are separate from the cluster witch causes even more problems. There is no cheap way to put a different gauge cluster in a Buick:frown: You either have to mount gauges in gauge pods or spend the money and get a GNX cluster.

I have one of these dashes and have often wondered the same thing. The easiest way would be to put the entire cutlass dash in your car. You may be able to find a way to hack just the gray outer surround onto the regal dash pad. I "think" you could get all the sensors to wire up with enough research. you may need a tach adapter and you may need to find a way to attach a VSS to the cluster. I've never looked at the GN cluster from the back so I don't know how the VSS is hooked in.

I know it's not tight budget but i'd bet it's less work to build your own GNX dash from an N/A cluster. I've seen it done. Gauges are expensive.

you may need a tach adapter and you may need to find a way to attach a VSS to the cluster. I've never looked at the GN cluster from the back so I don't know how the VSS is hooked in.

The VSS attaches to the speedo the same as in the Regals. It should be a plug and play if you use the Cutlass dash harness. You'd probally want the run the tach off of the TR green test connector. There's probally something different between the tach input of the original HEI compared to the TR's DIS.