Gathering in Myrtle Beach in August

I've been to their 1/8 mi track as few years ago and it's a dump. At the time they ran test-n-tune on Sundays.

K.

Important!!!!!!

:) OK, here it is. Here is the room information for Corral Beach. Call 1-800-843-2684 and ask for Kelly, she works between 3-11pm. They have oceanview efficiency with 2 dbl beds and kitchen for $99 per night ($88 for AAA and AARP). She said they had plenty of those as of tonight. DON'T WAIT!! Book ASAP!! If we put 3 people per room at the AAA rate it is only $35 per person, per night. ;) ;) ;) ;)
Or you can book online here

Anyone want to bunk?? save some cha-ching :)

sydwyndr said:
That don't mean you can't make it...

Yes it does :tongue: :p

Rhinospeed---you live in j'ville and have a TR----how come i don't know this---we need to meet---i am just a bit north of wilmington!

I am a bit confused by this post----what is the official date and times of everyone meeting?

Something fun to do with everyone down there would be to hang out at broadway at the beach.

Thanks for any updates to this that i am not aware of----please post them and i will see if i can make it.I may have a TR i can bring.

Geoff

Here's the poop, the whole poop and nothing but the poop:

Fri Sep 9 through Sun Sep 11

Place: Coral Beach Resort 1105 S. Ocean Blvd Myrtle Beach SC

Sleeping arrangements and activities once we get there to be determined.........

Rhinospeed84 said:
I'll split a room, PM me a paypal addy and I'll send you the money

I don't have paypal. Can you just hit me with some green when you get there??

ghall said:
Yes it does :tongue: :p

Rhinospeed---you live in j'ville and have a TR----how come i don't know this---we need to meet---i am just a bit north of wilmington!

I am a bit confused by this post----what is the official date and times of everyone meeting?

Something fun to do with everyone down there would be to hang out at broadway at the beach.

Thanks for any updates to this that i am not aware of----please post them and i will see if i can make it.I may have a TR i can bring.

Geoff

Could we all just meet at the hotel around a certain time and then go from there. Just kinda do it on the fly, no real plans at this point for me. I'm good for anything.

sydwyndr said:
Could we all just meet at the hotel around a certain time and then go from there. Just kinda do it on the fly, no real plans at this point for me. I'm good for anything.

Kinda what I was thinking. I'll be leving here around 12'ish and it's roughly 3-3 1/2 hours drive time for me (check in isn't until 3 anyway).

That works for me, I'll be there friday, not sure of where anything is but I'll notice a pack of turbo regals

Rhino: from Jacksonville it should be a straight shot down hwy 17 South; does anybody coming from the central part of the state want to try to hook up on the highway???

I am trying to get some of the SC camaro/firebird boys together for dinner with us on Saturday night, I agree on the Broadway on the Beach thing, plenty of places around there. I am not sure if i am staying Friday and Saturday or just Saturday so most likely no caravanning for me. And I made it from Raleigh to Myrtle in 2.5hours, so not that long of a drive. :)

Hey GHall, can you hook everyone up with directions to the hotel from Wilmington?? I will be coming in on 15/501. I say dinner around 7-7:30ish depending when people arrive. Any suggestions on a place to eat?? If anyone likes seafood I feel that captain bennetts buffett is the best around. Anything is good though.

If you like crab legs, Preston's is the best around. The rest of their buffet is OK, but the legs come straight to the table rather than sitting up at the bar.

K.

NCTURBOS said:
If you like crab legs, Preston's is the best around. The rest of their buffet is OK, but the legs come straight to the table rather than sitting up at the bar.

K.

Oh c'mon now, you have no say so here because your not coming. Something about a new addition or some other typical lame excuse from you. :wink: How's the little one. Any pictures??

sydwyndr said:
Hey GHall, can you hook everyone up with directions to the hotel from Wilmington?? I will be coming in on 15/501. .

Clint---sure i can help with directions, but you will be coming in from the west. Although rather easy---if anyone would like directions from Wilmington (IE J'ville or off of I-40 from Raleigh)---just post here and i will be glad to walk anyone through it.

I will actually will be staying in MB this weekend--if anyone has any specific questions--let them be heard now----i am going down friday and will be there all weekend-----so now is your chance.

Geoff

sydwyndr said:
Any pictures??

Is there a way to downsize the pictures so they can be uploaded here?? It only allows 92KB and the photos are more than that.

K.

ghall said:
Clint---sure i can help with directions, but you will be coming in from the west. Although rather easy---if anyone would like directions from Wilmington (IE J'ville or off of I-40 from Raleigh)---just post here and i will be glad to walk anyone through it.

Geoff

was wondering if it's quicker to go from Wilmington or 40 to 95 to 501. Been at least 20 years since I've been there....

NCTURBOS said:
Is there a way to downsize the pictures so they can be uploaded here?? It only allows 92KB and the photos are more than that.

K.

Send to me and I will resize for you.