Gateway Buick Performance Enthusiasts - Dyno Day 4/25 THIS SATURDAY

Keller

GNTTYPE Founder
April 25, 10a-3p - Dyno rental @ Mid Coast Performance 4529 Towne Ct. , St Charles, MO 63304
Mid Coast Performance-Dyno Tuning
This will be our April "meeting" event as well. The dyno will be available for use by Gateway BPE members ONLY! Cost for three pulls is $45.

PLEASE EMAIL / IM / CALL / MESSAGE ME IF PLANNING TO DYNO SO I CAN HAVE A COUNT FOR MCP!

Meeting portion starts at noon. Lunch (pizza and drinks) for all club members, whether making pulls or not, will be provided by the club at 1pm. We ask that all non-members contribute $5 for lunch.

Again...PLEASE EMAIL / IM / CALL / MESSAGE ME IF PLANNING TO DYNO!

Mid Coast Performance-Dyno Tuning

Mid coast performance loc: Maryland Heights, MO - Google Maps

Definitely.

Seven cars for sure right now. Certainly will have several "walk-ins" that won't RSVP.

Who is signed up to dyno?

Wonder who is going to have the most grunt?

I've been tuning up the car. Hopefully, it will be better than the last time I had it on the dyno - way back in 98'.

Craig

The list is currently:

Aaron Corn
Scott Keller
Kris Marino
Adam Martin
Bob Merrick
Craig Powell
Ken Shup (iffy, as his wife is 8.99 weeks along)
Jim Sickler (sadly, the "Green Giant" and not the "White Wonder" will be present)

I'm sure more will be showing up and just haven't told me...

Good Time.....

....thanks to everyone that showed. Good to see our club progressively doing more "things"

Where are the numbers at? Who pulled the most? I really wanted to go but things just could not get lined out.

Scott's max was 461 HP and 591 TQ
My max was 411HP and 642 TQ
Scott has the others written down.... good time. Wish you were there.

I made 345 hp and my torque maxed at 647 ft/lbs. My average torque was 453 ft/lbs. I needed another 2 pulls to get it really dialed. The dyno operator asked if I had a good torque convertor in the car. I made my runs with the convertor "un"-locked.

Craig

My second pull was 673 torque. But I noticed I was only at 4.4v vs. 4.7v TPS at WOT on my third vs. second pull, despite having the boost up a half-PSI. *shrug* Maybe the floor mat was in the way, or the car was heating up.

Seems odd to have peak HP and peak torque on different runs.

mine were on different runs.... peak HP was 411 with 558 TQ and peak TQ was 642 with 404 HP..... with an average of 383 HP with 510 TQ on that run.... wish my powerlogger log got saved:rolleyes: but oh well. have to go again i guess..... ; )

Those are impressive. A few years ago at the American Muscle car show at Gateway my car put 428H and 438T on the only run I made.