Gas Prices got your down?

Are you kidding, If anything I'm getting worst. I filled up my GN the other day and it cost $33. Ouch:(

Since I drive to seattle everyday in a full size pickup, I actually started to fill up before I hit 1/2 a tank. I've noticed when I leave for work at 5 a.m. that gas actually been going up anywhere
from 2 - 5 cents by the time I get home (3:00 p.m.) at the
Chevron by the freeway.

This past Friday I lapsed and let my tank get under 1/4 (ouch)
It cost me close to $60.00 to fill up.

Getting back to Frank's question - Today (Sunday) I was going to run down to Everett and do some errands but I decided to how best map-out my trip and do it on the way home this week to save a 1/4 to 1/2 tank.

I do wonder if we'll see $3.00 a gallon by Labor Day weekedn??

Mike

My guess is $3.00 for premium by Labor day. Also I predict that gas will never go under $2 again.

Now, what will the effects of gas do to the muscle car market? Is there something from the '70's that we can learn here? Will muscle car prices decline while gas prices are peaking new highs?

FS

I doubt the price of gas will be a significant factor in the price of classic musclecars because those cars are no longer driven on a daily basis as they were in the 60's & 70's. Investment valuation will drive the price of collector cars, not gas prices.

Now what will be interesting is to see if the price of gas guzzling larger SUV's and pickups will drop. The dealers may have to do some discounts to keep the inventory moving. Especially if you're right and we see near $3 a gallon. WOW!

Originally posted by TurboSlacker
I doubt the price of gas will be a significant factor in the price of classic musclecars because those cars are no longer driven on a daily basis as they were in the 60's & 70's. Investment valuation will drive the price of collector cars, not gas prices.

Now what will be interesting is to see if the price of gas guzzling larger SUV's and pickups will drop. The dealers may have to do some discounts to keep the inventory moving. Especially if you're right and we see near $3 a gallon. WOW!

I was more refferring to the latter. In the '70's nobody wanted a big block chevy/Mopor/Ford due to high gas prices. I wander what that will do with trucks like the new Dodge RT, and Ford Lightning?

Hell I think I may get one of those go fast mopeds :)

If you get the Dodge RT you will be disappointed. I think what you are refering to is Dodge SRT-10 with the Viper engine. Still trying to take one for a test run.:D May not mean a whole lot to some considering most in NW section seem to be located more towards North Seattle but a New Sam's Club opened in Renton and they have a gas station cheapest I've seen. Also looked at some intertnet sites seems to be cheapest in Washington state. Or if you just want to get more for your Money. CENEX sells 94 octane for same price as most places sell premium 92. Or they have 91.5 Octane for price of most places mid grade 89. They have them all over.

http://www.cenex.com/default.asp?Page=locations&Path=6&DealerType=convenience&State=WA&City=

Look for one by where you live or work.

Are you telling me that CENEX sells 94octane! Now that's a gas station I need to visit. Can you post a mapquest link?

FS

Wow, never knew we had 94 octane around here.

Actually, it looks like BURLINGTON is the closest to us. And there's one in ISSAQUAH whenever you're working on the Eastside.

I buy 94 all the time at the Auburn store. I know the Tacoma store sells 94 also. I was told all Cennex have 94 I guess not. I will call around and find out which ones do.

The nice thing about this gas price hike is that at least they didn't jack us around with a gas shortage.....do you guys remember gas lines......I do. This time they just said FU and raised the prices, very nice of THEM.
Dale

Ya gas lines would totally suck. I remember in the early 80's when gas shot up and the move was towards diesel cars. My folks bought an Olds 88 diesel. What a piece of crap. Glad we got rid of that and upgraded to a new Crysler K-car:rolleyes:

Actually even with the increasing gas prices I think we have it pretty good. Especially when you compare to most of Europe at over $5 a gallon.:eek: