Gas line leak

Meno19

Don't know if this the right place for this but..... I have a gas leak. It above the RH rear axle. It's a rubber hose connecting to another line. I'm wondering if there's any easy way to fix this or if I have to replace the entire line. Any thoughts would be helpful thanks.
Danny

its probably one of the 3 shots sections where the from lines join the metal tank lines with rubber. gotta replace it may as well do them all since you're there. they are located behine a sheetmetal shield should be easy to find. hth

Yes it's the rubber line connecting to the metal line. I'm didnt look all that well down there because I had to leave to work. You said there is a shield hiding the rubber hose??
its probably one of the 3 shots sections where the from lines join the metal tank lines with rubber. gotta replace it may as well do them all since you're there. they are located behine a sheetmetal shield should be easy to find. hth
it's the rubber line.

i just got sections of line from napa when i did mine, like i said may as well do them all if they are original.

cant remember the sizes but make shure you use rubber hose for fuel injection.
Sorry 2 more dumb questions. How much gas is going to come out if the lines when I disconnect them. And since I'm down there is a way to tell if I got a hotwire kit installed??

1/4 to 1/2 cup of fuel.
A Caspers hotwire has a blue relay mounted near the back of the tank with a 10Ga wire leading from the alternator down the frame area to that relay. Then some connectors matching the factory fuel pump harness coming off the relay connection.
The 10 ga is in wire loom

1/4 to 1/2 cup of fuel.
A Caspers hotwire has a blue relay mounted near the back of the tank with a 10Ga wire leading from the alternator down the frame area to that relay. Then some connectors matching the factory fuel pump harness coming off the relay connection.
The 10 ga is in wire loom
Thanks for the help. I have a question. Again they previous guy stated that there's supposed to be a heat shield there. I don't have a shield there. I'm wondering if somebody could send me a pic of what this shield looks like and how it's supposed to be mounted would be appreciated!!

Many times it is removed and never reinstalled. It uses 3 studs on the car body with self threading washer type fasteners holding the sheild on.
I have one laying around I can snap a picture

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Make sure you relieve fuel pressure before you disconnect fuel lines! Disconnect fuel pump connector by the rear bumper and run car until it stalls and then with press on the schrader valve on the end of the fuel rail, make sure you have a rag there to catch any fuel. Don't do this when the motor is hot.

Many times it is removed and never reinstalled. It uses 3 studs on the car body with self threading washer type fasteners holding the sheild on.
I have one laying around I can snap a picture

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app
Ok thanks that would be great

Make sure you relieve fuel pressure before you disconnect fuel lines! Disconnect fuel pump connector by the rear bumper and run car until it stalls and then with press on the schrader valve on the end of the fuel rail, make sure you have a rag there to catch any fuel. Don't do this when the motor is hot.
I'm done with the fix and I appreciate the help. I'm now just curious about the heat shield I'm missing?!

There's no shield where the rubber lines are. They're shielded by he gas tank. Now that you've got he tank reinstalled grab the rubber lines and make sure you can slide them back and forth a little. That way you know they aren't being pinched between the tank and the body.

There is a small shield for the rubber lines where the hard lines from the tank connect to the body.

As promised here is a pic of the shield in all its filthy glory.
000_0003[1].JPG
000_0001[1].JPG