Gas in oil

TurboGN

I'm getting gas in the oil and can't figure out why. With the ECM disconnected (orange wire), the car will still start and run the fuel out of the intake before dying. The car always starts and runs fine otherwise. FP holds steady over 30 for several hours after shutting off - as though the return line is closed off. Will even have some fuel pressure the next day! Blms are around 131 cruising and 124 at idle. Had this problem with both 36#s and 50#s. Don't remember the setting, but set FP to Turbotweak's recommendation. Could this be a regulator problem?

Maybe your FP reg settings are to an inaccurate gauge.Meaning your FP is too high and washing engine.

suicide six said:
Are you adding any extra fuel with the TT chip?
I'm not adding fuel or spark with the TT chip. The gauge is a KB hood mounted with about 5k miles on it. I'm having to change the oil often and I'm afraid the cylinder walls/rings and possibly bearings will prematurely ware unless I drain the rail after each time out. I'm just driving it easy until the problem is fixed. I changed from 36# to 50# in hopes of fixing it (and because WOT O2s were getting low). Thanks for your replies.

I did change the fuel gauge sending unit awhile back. Is it possible I screwed something up? Dropped the tank today and inspected the lines. None were in a bind and all appeared to be right. Didn't remove the pump/sending unit in fear I'd mess up the oring seal.

did

you check your fuel pressure with another gauge besides the hood mount? I have gas in my oil right now, but thats because the return line has been somewhat not returning enough, and the pressure was washing past the rings. try another gauge, do you have a translator plus, and have it set rich? hope this helps a little. :cool:

TURBOELKY said:
you check your fuel pressure with another gauge besides the hood mount? I have gas in my oil right now, but thats because the return line has been somewhat not returning enough, and the pressure was washing past the rings. try another gauge, do you have a translator plus, and have it set rich? hope this helps a little. :cool:
Mine also acts like it has a restricted return line. I have the translator but not the plus. Its set in the middle. I will have to get a rail gauge and compare pressures with the cowl mounted one. I have the OEM regulator. I'll switch them out to see if the pressure is released sooner. I'll also check out the return line from engine to tank.