Gabby Rojas just went 6.25 @110mph in the 1/8 mile on E85.

86brick

It's just a V6 Brick.....
I think when/if he gets it to a 1/4 mile track this will be the first Corn Fed Turbo Buick in the 9's.:):cool:

With or without the nitrous? What did he change in the fuel system to use the E-85?

With or without the nitrous? What did he change in the fuel system to use the E-85?

No nitrous. He hasn't used the nitrous in a while. He does have GN1 aluminum heads on the car now though. He didn't really change anything as far as I know because he already had the 120lb injectors on his car and dual pumps. He is still using the SD chip from TurboTweak but obviously he had to make some adjustments to the program for the E85. Sounds like he might need 160lb injectors though because the boost wasn't all the way turned up yet and his duty cycle was at 90% from what I was told.:eek: He will be getting a new turbo soon as well so I wouldn't be surprised to see him go even faster as this was really his first shakedown at the track on E85.:cool:

Time to turn it up to 40psi!;):eek: Gotta love Gabby cause he isn't afraid to do it!:D

Gabby,went 111mph last nite. new billet wheel 71hpq.Jeff went 6.35 @107 with 67 hpq non billet non e85.getting the car dialed in for ths class. both cars have alot more left in them. between tune and suspenion.

Gabby,went 111mph last nite. new billet wheel 71hpq.Jeff went 6.35 @107 with 67 hpq non billet non e85.getting the car dialed in for ths class. both cars have alot more left in them. between tune and suspenion.

Thanks for the update Frank, sounds like both cars are running well!

Just heard Gabby ran a 6.2x @112mph on his last pass of the night. Best 60' was a 1.48 so he definitely has more left especially considering this was his first time out with the new turbo.

I want to know what fuel lines he's running and if he's running on a stock style filter. This would be great if he is running stock stuff. I'm going to be testing E85 and stock fuel system with a single Reds XP Hotwired. I'm wondering if it will lean out.

We had a buddies GN running 19psi on a stock replacement parts store pump, stock lines, stock filter, 120lb injectors with no knock and no lean conditions. I really think our stock lines are just fine for a high 10 and slower car.

We shall see. Keep us posted and see what he says about his fuel lines.

Thanks

I want to know what fuel lines he's running and if he's running on a stock style filter. This would be great if he is running stock stuff. I'm going to be testing E85 and stock fuel system with a single Reds XP Hotwired. I'm wondering if it will lean out.

We had a buddies GN running 19psi on a stock replacement parts store pump, stock lines, stock filter, 120lb injectors with no knock and no lean conditions. I really think our stock lines are just fine for a high 10 and slower car.

We shall see. Keep us posted and see what he says about his fuel lines.

Thanks

Last I heard it is indeed stock fuel lines and a stock style filter just as he was running when he ran the car on C16. He is running dual Walbro 392's and 120lb injectors.

talked to Gabby last nite at the track. was picking his brain on e85 info.him and orlando run stock fuel lines.and filters w/120 injectors and there both 9sec cars.and to my knowledge theres no way to support 120lbers with a hotwired single pump. the most would be is 60lbers.go with double pump and you wont turn youre motor into scrap metal.theres always a learning curve and make sure its a good lesson!

orlando doesnt have stock fuel lines.he has a stock return but not a feed.he uses a -8 or -10 as a feed.

talked to Gabby last nite at the track. was picking his brain on e85 info.him and orlando run stock fuel lines.and filters w/120 injectors and there both 9sec cars.and to my knowledge theres no way to support 120lbers with a hotwired single pump. the most would be is 60lbers.go with double pump and you wont turn youre motor into scrap metal.theres always a learning curve and make sure its a good lesson!

Yeah ideally you would want to run a top notch fuel system but I want supporting data a/f ratios to see what cars can run on. I dont mind if my motor goes BOOM. It's for testing purposes right now. Like I said, we ran 120's and a non hotwired parts store pump at 19psi with no issues. I want to see how far it will go before A/F ratios start to lean.

These guys running 9's on stock lines disproves a lot of statements in this forum. It's a start.

I realize it takes a lot more E-85 than gasoline, but wanted to say we ran in the 8's last spring with Scott Bolek's car using stock lines and Red's double pumper. I think we had the fuel system maxed out around 500 pounds of fuel at around 75psi. i don't think the same amount of fuel on E-85 wouldn't hit the 9's with his car.

I realize it takes a lot more E-85 than gasoline, but wanted to say we ran in the 8's last spring with Scott Bolek's car using stock lines and Red's double pumper. I think we had the fuel system maxed out around 500 pounds of fuel at around 75psi. i don't think the same amount of fuel on E-85 wouldn't hit the 9's with his car.

I would agree. We just need to see how it reacts. What do you think a single Reds XP hotwired will do?

I guess what I'm trying to figure out is, people on here read something and then state it as if it were the bible. Sometimes they have had no experience with the particular subject. I dont see why stock fuel lines cant feed larger injectors on E85 if it can supply enough race gas to feed the same injector. Consmption is higher with E85 but if a 120lb injector is only at a duty cycle of 60% on C-16, it would have a duty cycle of 75-80% on E85, if not less.

Let us know how your tests go, I would like to do 120s on mine but need a modded ECM so I am going to see how these 80s work, kind of sucks you need a modded ecm,FASt, or Big stuff to run 120s:rolleyes: