G26901 mounting gasket

iraceitall

I just need to vent Looking for a turbo mounting gasket for my 79, I find FelPro has a whole gasket kit, which I don't need, but Victor has part G26901, the gasket I need. I can find it at several places, Rock Auto for example, all for under $5.00 But, shipping is 17 freaking dollars?! Really? Mail the f*cking thing! Grrr!

Guess I will make my own..

lol..... this is a interesting gasket... me and charlie went through all of this a ways back... they can still be found... but are getting harder by the day.

dont just make one.... its tooo thin and will cause other problems.

I'll have to agree with Aj here. Get the gasket set and be done with it. Finding a single gasket will still run a bunch and you may need several so try NAPA or buy several at a time to cut the cost of shipping.;)

I just need to vent Looking for a turbo mounting gasket for my 79, I find FelPro has a whole gasket kit, which I don't need, but Victor has part G26901, the gasket I need. I can find it at several places, Rock Auto for example, all for under $5.00 But, shipping is 17 freaking dollars?! Really? Mail the f*cking thing! Grrr!

Guess I will make my own..
Last two felpro kits I got had everything but the turbo mounting gasket. Iwas thinking about making one out of aluminum with Orings.

Yeah, I ordered the first set and it had the mounting gasket, the second and third time it didnt.

Im machining one like mike suggested the next time I have the turbo off and the car down for a while.

Possibly polyurethane plastic or aluminum. Im leaning toward the plastic because it would isolate heat better.

Great! I have three GM gaskets, but might as well order some of these since they are so cheap. Shipping is $13 for me, but maybe I can piggyback it on another order from the same warehouse.