G-Techpro

Yes, I have tuned with the G-Tech ($139 one) and had accurate results with it. MPH is off by about 3-4 but overall a good device to have. The only thing I want to calculate is drag so I can compare dyno results.

Only problem I had with it was getting it to level .0 It seemed to read that at a 45 degree angle sometimes:confused: HTH

Oh, dont turn tires too much, It will fudge up your times;)

ET is usually within a tenth, MPH will read 3-4 MPH high. More is you are running 110+ mph. The factory bracket sucks. I picked up a large suction cup/gooseneck mount from a cell phone holder that works way better to dial in, hold to the windshield as well as quick disconnect to transfer to other cars. ;) It hink the cell phone bracket ran me $15 at Target.

I like and Use the GTech. Never compared it to stip times.

There is suppose to be another accelerometer out there on the market that is not so picky about being on a flat surface. I tried to do a search but could'nt find. If your looking to buy-- that sounded like the better device.

Even if it's not exactly correct,it is something you can compare times with.

Supposedly the Tazzo Motorsports unit has a better (more secure) mounting system, and it isn't as sensitive to being level or not. It is a little more expensive tho. I have never used either one, just thought I'd throw this out there as food for thought.

www.tazzo.com

Steve

Maybe I didn't know what the hell I was doing... but I was using my buddies and it said my max HP was like 130.. hehe. That is way wrong. I calibrated the damn thing correctly and put in like 3800lbs for my weight. Don't know why it wouldn't work right.

The Tazzo is a two axis accelerometer. It never needs levelling since it can always measure 1 g regardless of the mounting angle. This does not mean you will get good numbers during your run if you run up or down a hill doing it. It just means you can slap it on the windshield and go. The Tazzo claims to have compensating algorithms in it to remove road incline.

Elevation changes that are almost invisible to the eye will affect the GTech. Just find the most level stretch you can and make sure you run both ways. Take the average value. Taking the highest value you can get is just fooling yourself. On a slightly tilted road the average of both directions will be quite an accurate number.