G Machine project phase 1 complete

RAMAIR1

I'm addicted
Got my car back from the shop yesterday....what a difference. I have some fine adjustments to make with the rear adjustable shocks, but damn what a difference. Here's what I had done:
-Pole Position Pro-lite adjustable upper a-arms
-Howe Precision tall ball joints upper and lower
-Del-a-lum lower control arm bushings
-Eibach springs all around
-Koni adjustable shocks all around
-FULL front end rebuild with Energy Suspension polygraphite parts. New center link even...it's all new.

Phase 2 will probably just be a rear sway bar upgrade, then phase 3 will finish it off with adjustable rear upper control arms and boxed lowers....not sure which bars I'll use yet. Probably someone cheaper than Hotch or Global....oh and somewhere along the line I'll add the rear seat and under hood braces just for sh!ts and giggles.

BigBlockOlds said:
So I assume it drives very nicely?

I'm working on my '87 Olds and it sounds like we have virtually the same setup suspension wise. Unfortunately, I'm not anywhere close to being done:

http://home.woh.rr.com/designsofarch/index/olds_site/315-35.jpg

I'm really anxious to find out how well the Pro-lite arms and tall ball joints work at improving the handling. Not to mention the 315's out back.
please tell me more about the rear rims :D

BigBlockOlds said:
So I assume it drives very nicely?

I like it, but for someone who enjoys "that Buick ride" I would not suggest it. Definitely firms things up a bit.

I should also say I'm very pleased with the guys that did the work, so let me throw their name in here. Savitske Classic and Custom in Coopersburg, PA. If you go on their website I got the Street-comp stage 2 set up with the other stuff listed above. Just fyi though, their email is kinda screwy at present, so call em, don't email if you want to get in touch with them.

RAMAIR1 said:
I like it, but for someone who enjoys "that Buick ride" I would not suggest it. Definitely firms things up a bit.

I should also say I'm very pleased with the guys that did the work, so let me throw their name in here. Savitske Classic and Custom in Coopersburg, PA. If you go on their website I got the Street-comp stage 2 set up with the other stuff listed above. Just fyi though, their email is kinda screwy at present, so call em, don't email if you want to get in touch with them.

Yep, I've talked with Marcus. He's the one I ordered my Stage II kit from a few months ago. Great guy to do business with!
I'm just trying to get my frame boxed in and a few misc. things finished on it and out to sandblasting. After that I can start playing with my suspension pieces. :)

BigBlockOlds said:
Yep, I've talked with Marcus. He's the one I ordered my Stage II kit from a few months ago. Great guy to do business with!

GREAT guy to do business with is absolutely right.
I had a chanve to adjsut the shocks today. The word PERFECT comes to mind. This thing rides amazingly smooth, but tight at the same time. I'm not afraid to throw it into any curve now...even with beat tires.
I can't wait to add a nice rear bar and control arms back there....and I can't imagine how great it will be with a new set of sneakers. This was undoubtedly a great investment in my car and money WELL spent.
Anyone have a nice set of 18"s they wanna gimme?? :wink:

Turbo231 said:
looks great, did you cut the springs any?
Thats the look I want!
Thanks....nope I didn't cut the springs any, however, the front is probably .5 - .75" lower than just doing the springs as a result of the taller ball joints. I definitely achieved the stance I was after...just need some bigger wheels now.

RAMAIR1 said:
Thanks....nope I didn't cut the springs any, however, the front is probably .5 - .75" lower than just doing the springs as a result of the taller ball joints. I definitely achieved the stance I was after...just need some bigger wheels now.
Do you need the whole kit or can I just installl a taller ball joimnt to my stock suspension to achieve a lower stance...

please enlightn me :smile:
thanks Dennis
Oh very nice look..

RAMAIR1 said:
Savitske Classic and Custom in Coopersburg, PA. call em, don't email

Call Marcus at Savitske...He wil give you the info you are looking for. I assume they will work on the stock uppers. I still have stock lowers and they fit there no problem. You'll still need the springs though too if you wanna get all the way down.