Fuse box??????

Rice Killa

Got Rice???
i had my a/c fuse melt in my fuse box so know i no longer have a blower. my question is, is there a way for me to rewire my blower so that i can have my heater and defrost blowing again. or do i just need to replace the fuse box. if i need to replace the fuse box, do i need to replace the whole dash harness in order to do so?

You could find a different fuse panel and repin it.

Or if you have some spare open areas on your current fuse panel, repin it to a open area, as long as it is KEY ON accessories, not battery...

Or else the blower and stuff will work with the key off.

I would take it down and see how bad the damage is, if it is just one or two spots it can easily be fixed. We did this on my 86 t-type.

Also, find out why it melted. Powermaster is tied into the ac fuse.
BW :eek:

they had the electric fans wired into the a/c so that the fans would only work with the panel on max a/c. pretty smart huh considering they pretty much need to run at all times........

Wow, stupidity never ceases to amaze me! I am sorry to hear that happened. IMO swapping out the panels was not hard. I had to do it in my car. I don't know about the wiring tho...:eek::eek::eek:

all i need is just the box...wiring should be good. i just heard that i would have to replace the whole harness to replace the fuse box. never had to handle this type of problem before...

they had the electric fans wired into the a/c so that the fans would only work with the panel on max a/c. pretty smart huh considering they pretty much need to run at all times........

I think you found your problem :rolleyes:. I would of tapped into the injector harness :D

The 25 Amp. A/C fuse runs the following circuits:

It doesn't have anything to do with the powermaster.

It is hot in RUN only, as is the RLYS fuse and the WDO circuit breaker.

If you just redo that wiring, which is what I would recommend, make sure those two previously mentioned circuits work okay and aren't melted in any way.

Make sure you get a feed for the new wiring from a source on the IGN switch that is hot in RUN only, through a new fuse, an in-line holder should work just fine rated at 25A.

The A/C fuse runs IGN 3 so don't use that slot in the fuse panel!

It also runs the trunk release switch, and the A/C control head for manual or automatic A/C and the blower switch feed. Not too many branch circuits and wiring is mostly brown in color.

It should be relatively easy to fix I would think if you can access to the wiring.

That appears to say A/C fuse where ever that diagram came from.

The factory service manual says the coil power, which is HOT IN RUN, comes from the RLYS fuse. :confused:

The powermaster motor power and fan delay relay main power come from the 30A Power Brake fuse that's in the turbo cars and not the other N/A ones.

Power brake fuse 30A is hot at all times.

I think the manual is right, but I've never had to change the RLYS fuse and hopefully never will. :)

Maybe it's different for different year cars. I think my manual is for an '87.

Someone should go test it out. :cool:

The original poster has an '86 GN so he should check out the brake circuit operation and that wiring for sure to that fuse slot!