Fully Restored/Modified Pro Street 1970 Nova in Florida

GN X-BODY

Come Get Some!!!
Gentlemen,

I know most of you are hardcore musclecar freaks at heart, so I figured I'd post this here.

This car took me 2 full years to restore and get it to it's current state. It is NOT for a novice! The last thing I want is for someone to get it and kill themselves and ruin this beautiful piece of history.

Here are the some details for you guys:

BODY
-1970 Nova
-Body was soda blasted and all body panels have been replaced with Goodmark reproduction metal (2 Front fenders, New trunk panel, 2 Quarter panels, 2 New door skins, New 4" Harwood Cowl hood, radiator core support, 2 inner fenders)
-Roof was replaced with a 69' roof found in Sebring, Florida
-New Front windsheild and Rear Glass
-All new chrome and trim throughout
-Restored SS grill and headlight bezels
-New Front and Rear bumper
-New trunk floor with new braces
-Paint is 05' Viper Metallic Silver with Jet Black racing stripes

Motor

-383ci - 4-bolt main block
-Retrofitted with full hydraulic roller Crane Cam and lifters 248* .579int .595ex
-Forged Eagle ESP H-Beam Connecting Rods (5.7")
-Forged Eagle Ultralite Crank
-Forged JE Pistons -16cc invert. Dome
-Professional Products Hurricane Hi-rise intake
-RHS heads 210cc Int runner 58cc chamber - fully ported
-Barry Grant Mighty Demon 750cfm carb
-Milidon 7qt deep oil pan
-All billet accessories
-B&M flexplate
-Hooker Ceramic LT headers with 3" exhaust all the way back through Hooker Mufflers
-Edelbrock 110GPH fuel pump
-High Torque Starter

**Engine made 567FWHP N/A at Theengineworks.com after assembly. It was blueprinted to handle nitrous. ALOT of nitrous (250-400shot). So it'll handle 750+hp all day long. I've never had a bottle on it, but I'll leave that for the new owner. I REPEAT, NITROUS HAS NEVER BEEN ON THIS CAR!!!**

Transmission
-Doug Herbert Th350 with 3000 Redneck Racing Conv.
-Hurst Pro Stick with custom perch
-Extra capacity ATF pan
-B&M 24,000LBS GVW fluid cooler
-New 3" driveshaft

Rear End
-8.5" 10-bolt rear
-POSI Eaton Series III differential
-4.10 Superior Gear
-Moser Forged yoke
-Monoleaf Springs with KYB shocks

Rolling Gear
-Weld Prostars 15"x3.5" skinnies with M/T Sportman tires
-Weld Prostars 15"x8" with Nitto 555R's D/R's

Front End
-QA1 1.5" drop springs with KYB shocks
-New upper and lower ball joints
-Energy Suspension polyurethane suspension rebuild kit with body mounts
-Subframe w/A-arms were removed and sandblasted and then painted semi gloss black

Interior
-Believe it or not, but the interior is the original 1970 bench seat, door panels, headliner, dash, and rear seat. I have replaced the carpet, dashpad, and restored the gauge cluster and installed an AutoMeter Wideband o2 sensor.

Well that's about it. The car is an absolutely immaculate restoration that took me over 2 years to complete. I made a slideshow for anyone that's interested in seeing the car. Just PM me and I'll send the link to my photobucket so you guys can see some of the pics from the build.

The bottom line is, the car is a MONSTER! I basically tried to theme the car after a late 60's SoCal dragster by using the traditional racing stripes and leaving the upper window frames flat back.

The car only has less than 200 miles on it since finished - the engine, tranny, and rear end aren't even broken-in yet! The car is 100% streetable. Runs on 93 octane fuel. Stays at 180* in God-aweful Florida heat.

I'm looking to get $16,500 OBO for it. ***If anyone has ever restored a classic car, you know the amount of money involved. This is priced sickeningly LOW...I need to move this ASAP, hence my asking price. It honestly is killing me to sell my baby, but I'm in a bit of a financial jam.

I know I'm forgetting something so PM me if you have any questions. Here is the slideshow (click on the 1st picture): After you're done viewing the slide show, click on the tab that says "View Album" and you'll be able to see the car during the entire restoration process. Enjoy!

Here are some new pictures that aren't in the slide show. It shows the fully-dressed engine bay, wideband, and new shifter. Sorry for the crappy quality, but I shot these quickly just to post on here.

Nova006.jpg

Nova008.jpg

Nova014.jpg

Nova015.jpg

Nova016.jpg

Nova018.jpg

Nova017.jpg

Nova009.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Vince

I almost forgot. The car was appraised for insurance purposes by the Fuller & Mills Co. for $23,000 in January.

I'm asking almost $6000 less than it's value. THIS NEEDS TO GO. Think of it as an investment into an appreciating asset.

BTW - I'm located in Port St Lucie (about 1 hour North of West Palm Beach).

IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS, PLEASE EMAIL ME. I HAVE THIS POSTED ON SEVERAL FORUMS AND I DON'T HAVE TIME TO CHECK THEM ALL. HERE IS MY EMAIL:

capitalist1000@aol.com

Thanks in advance,
Vince

Very nice. good luck with the sale. for that price you are giving that car away.

Thanks,

I felt a little sick while typing that post. I swore that I'd never sell it, and if I did, it wouldn't be for anything less than $20K.

Thanks,

I felt a little sick while typing that post. I swore that I'd never sell it, and if I did, it wouldn't be for anything less than $20K.

Haha, I hear ya. I'm in the same boat with my trans am I lowered the price on today. Im losing more on this car than I've lost in stocks the last few years. Your Nova looks gorgeous though. Wanna Trade?

bad azz nova

I would put on evil bay with a 30,000 reserve and see how high it goes.Plus there is alot more eyes on it then. My buddy put his sixty chevy on there with same reserve and the bid went up to 23,000.He was pissed off anyways Someone called him a couple weeks later and offered the reserve price.I think he spent 150.00 to put it on there. good luck

I would put on evil bay with a 30,000 reserve and see how high it goes.Plus there is alot more eyes on it then. My buddy put his sixty chevy on there with same reserve and the bid went up to 23,000.He was pissed off anyways Someone called him a couple weeks later and offered the reserve price.I think he spent 150.00 to put it on there. good luck

Thanks for the tip, bro

I've sold large-purchase items on ebay before and I really don't like the concept of it. Sure, it's a "contract," but if someone defaults and doesn't pay, I'm out of posting fees and have to go through the process all over again. It's just a pain in the butt. If someone is really interested, I want to look them in the eyes to see if they're serious.

I'm bringing it to a big show tonight, so hopefully someone will make me an offer.

I've got a few guys on here and LS1Tech interested, but no one has put money in my hand yet

Guys,

The new price is $16,000....This car NEEDS TO MOVE!!!!

Someone needs to jump on this!

Can someone please explain to me why I still own this car? Anyone?

Because the market is bad right now. Also because most folks I know if they're going to spend what you're asking for an old Nova they don't really want someone else's hot rod...instead they want it to be somewhat close to original, and still have the heat and a/c, wipers, and the original shifter too. Not dogging your car I like it as I have a Nova too (mine's a 69), just stating some things I learned while trying to sell my 71 Chevelle which was built similar to your car.

Also because most folks I know if they're going to spend what you're asking for an old Nova they don't really want someone else's hot rod...instead they want it to be somewhat close to original, and still have the heat and a/c, wipers

It was a rhetorical question people!

Recession has nothing to do with the classic car market. People that are affluent will always buy houses and toys regardless of the economy.

Also, It really depends on the buyer. The fact that it has under 300 miles is very appealing for a lot people. The car was built correctly by professionals - ME! This isn't a hacked hotrod. This is a Show & Go Streetrod. And the fact that I'm asking $16,500 gets most people suspicious because it's priced so low. Maybe $16k is a lot for a Prostreet Nova in Missouri, but in Florida you can't touch one of these for less than $20k. If someone wanted to build a concourse quality L79 clone, then they would be looking into the 6 figure realm. It's 2 completely different demographics. $16K is a damn good deal for this car.

Furthermore, it is 100% impossible to build this car for what I'm asking. I have kept every receipt (down to the lightbulbs) and it totalled $29,731 - the only labor I payed for was the paint and engine work. Everything else was performed by me - so you could conservatively add an additional $15-20K onto the tab if someone were to pay for this at a shop.

Additionally, the AC/Heater system and wipers are still in the car. They're fully functional. I only removed certain components to complete the look. Everything is there - Even the shifter. :)

You're right it depends on the buyer. It takes someone who appreciates the car as much as you, if not more than you to want it.

I don't know what pro street Novas sell for around here. Never bothered to inquire. Don't need to.

When you removed the HVAC box did you just bolt in a cover plate? Or weld it in?

Have you tried listing it at Steve's Nova Site Or Team Nova at Novas.net Nova Chevy 2 Internet Resource That's usually where someone looking to sell or buy a Nova goes to. If not ebay or craigslist.

When you removed the HVAC box did you just bolt in a cover plate? Or weld it in?

It's just bolted on. The heater core and all of the air conditioning ducting is still in the car. To have functional A/C all one would need to do is attach the condensor, compressor, and evaporator. Presto!

I've been a member at Steves for years, and likewise, it's posted there as well. I've also been an NNN member since I bought the car in 04' and I have a few friends within the organization keeping their ears open for me. I know it'll sell for the asking price eventually, but it's just a waiting game at this point.

I'm not in a huge rush to get rid of this. I just recently purchased a corvette and I'd like to put the money from this car towards modifying the new car.

Vincent

Guys,

I would be willing to do a trade or trade+cash for an GN hardtop. I would prefer it to be modified.

HERE IS MY DISCLAIMER: If the car is a roller project - I don't want it. If the car is falling apart - I don't want it. If the car is a basic stocker and you want to trade staight-up - you're out of your mind!

And by no means, do I want to trade for a 95' Mercedes!!!! (Mike) LOL

Thanks,
Vince

Bump....

I will trade for a clean/modified 87 GN hardtop. A local purchaser or trader would be preferred.

Thanks,
Vincent