full throttle shifting problem

TURBOKID

i have a car that will shift and run fine under normal driving. but at wide open throttle it will not shift until you back off of it. i have look to see if the spring on the Governor was still there and even changed Governor with it making no difference. anyone have any ideas that might would help get this thing to shift right.
is the governor the only thing that control shift RPM at full throttle? its running up to around 5450 in first and 5650 in sec and i have to get out of it to get it to shift into next gear- before it is falling on its face.

thanks richie

Last edited:
Sorry to hear about your situation...I had the same symptoms you are describing a few months back,
and for me it turned out my 2nd gear band was toast :eek:

When you dropped the pan how was the fluid? any discoloration, clutch material, etc.

Your TV valve may be sticking
(disconnect the TV cable, then pull the cable out all the way and let it snap back a few times)

or it could be a Servo problem (seals, pin clearance, etc.)

A pressure check will def help diagnose the problem if you happen to have a pressure tester.

I got it fixed
TV was too tight
I didn't think it was that because it didn't have a delayed shift under normal throttle