Fuel Tank Size

G McCall

I'm confussed,

My son just told me he put 19.6 gallons in his 87 Turbo T at a local Shell station.

:eek:

I said I didn't think so, but he has replaced his fuel tank, so.......

Is this possible ?

Tell him to A. stop running it so low and B. get them to recalibrate the pump at that station. normally there's a number you can call that's listed right on the gas station pump. The reason to not run it so low is that in-tank pumps depend on fuel being in the tank to lubricate and cool the pump. Not to mention you can suck up all kinds of weird sludge and clog things up that way.

Yes, gas stations will rip you off all the time. I just put 16 gallons in my car (first fill up with this car for me) and the guage said there was 2 gallons left. I filled up a 5 gallon container in the spring with nearly 7 gallons of fuel and it was not ever completely filled. I went inside to complain and the guy refunded my money and placed an out of order sign on the pump.

My son said his guage still registerd an 1/8 th tank so you would think maybe 15-16 gallons at the most ,but 19.6 :eek:

I also think the station pump guage was screwed.

7 gallons in a 5 gallon can. ha That station had no way to deny a problem.
I once pumped 26 gallons into my boats 20 gallon tank. I was wondering where did all that gas go, in my hull somewhere ?

Buyers beware