Fuel Tables ???

jd94ss

Hey guys,
I am kind of having a problem with my BL and INT. Heres the "story". I was waiting on my DP and exhaust from a vendor a while back. Well the weather had started to clear and warm up. So I decided to take my factory dog house and downpipe and drive the car like that just to putz around town with. During that time, my SM reading were pretty normal. O2 steady 650-830. TPS .42, IAC 25, INT 128, BL 128-130, IAT 100-110. No DTC's. These are readings warmed up at idle. Well once my 3" DP arrived and my 3" single shot exhaust, my fuel trims shifted to INT 128, and BL 140. I did use a copper gasket to mount to the turbo. And I did attempt to reseal it with high temp sealer and that didnt do much. I checked for anything goofy, vacuum leak exh leaks, cant find anything out of the ordinary.
Just looking for some thoughts, ideas, opinions.
Thanks.

Whats your fuel pressure reading? Whats your vacuum reading on the boost gauge?

It's hard to tell from your original post.... It sounds like you changed the DP and exhaust. Did you also change the dog house?

I went from the factory downpipe and exhaust housing, to a 3" downpipe (one peice) and the exhaust is now a 3" single shot with a magnaflow straight through muffler. At the time I was taking the original SM reading, that were pretty normal, I was running no exhaust system. Just the factory dog house and DP. I also checked the new downpipe for any warpage, there is none. I am just curious has anybody, or can the fuel tables change just because of the new downpipe?

Fuel pressure is set to 43-44 psi with line on, and 36-38 with the line off. Vacuum is fine as I checked with a seperate gauge. Compression is fine as I checked that in the begining of the season, as well as leak down. I did replace every vacuum line under the hood over the winter. Welded a cracked exh. manifold. And added the fel pro blue gaskets for the exh manifolds during that time. I resealed the crossover as well at that time. The intake gasket is new (one peice) new IAC, EGR, TB, and upper plenum, and valve cover gaskets as well.

Also just so no one is confused by my F upd terminology. When I said dog house I meant the exhaust turbo dog house. As the upper plenum is referred to the same as well. Sorry about that.

Fuel pressure is set to 43-44 psi with line on, and 36-38 with the line off. Vacuum is fine as I checked with a seperate gauge. Compression is fine as I checked that in the begining of the season, as well as leak down. I did replace every vacuum line under the hood over the winter. Welded a cracked exh. manifold. And added the fel pro blue gaskets for the exh manifolds during that time. I resealed the crossover as well at that time. The intake gasket is new (one peice) new IAC, EGR, TB, and upper plenum, and valve cover gaskets as well.

I think you mean 36-38 with the vacuum line on. Did you have a vacuum reading on your boost gauge?

Im in the same boat as you but my BL's went up to 136 after i changed the turbo, more airflow means the idle tables will change at by adding more fuel if there isnt enough to begin with, but i could be wrong..

Yes sorry vice versa on fuel psi (long day at work). No my VDO does not read vacuum. 0-30 psi of boost. The vacuum reading was fine when I checked it. I cannot remember the exact #s but they were normal at idle, load, no load, nothing out of the ordinary with vacuum.
I could understand the tables changing to compensate for the larger amount of air with a turbo swap, but these reading are with the same new set-up. Only changed exhaust system and DP. Less than 1000 miles on everything I added over the winter months.