Fuel system upgrade

The_Six

Ok ordered most of my new fuel system parts today but have some questions.
I’m going to be running a in tank pump and will have -8 line to a Y then run -6 to both rails. Then run -6 to en external regulator and then a -6 return to tank.
I am going to modify the original fuel pick up so that it will have a -8 feed fitting on the feed line and was wondering if I should do the same with the return and the -6 or just add a -6 bulk head to the tank.
Also would it be ok to put my fuel pressure gauge sending unit before the Y I know its normally in the regulator but I like to hide wiring if possible and if it’s before the Y then it will be one less sensor and wiring seen.
I’m only doing this because I had to replace the return line any way I was going to just use the old feed line as a return but decided since I’m there may as well replace it all now plus it will look cool.

Adding a -6 return is a better idea IF you turn the outlet away from the bottom of the pump to help avoid cavitaion from bubbles. The fuel pressure gauge sending unit can be anywhere inline between the pump and the regulator.

Thenks Ken ,
I can alway change out the line in the orignal sending unit and point it a way on the return. I know the return knecks down alot at the tank so I thought it would make since to get rid of the knecked down section at least.