fuel pump

garrett

I'm trying to empty the old fuel out of my tank by using the fuel pump to pump the fuel out. The problem is the fuel pump will only stay on for about three seconds because the car is not running and there is no oil pressure. Is there a way to bypass this and make the fuel pump stay on without the computer interfering?

are you familiar with the two wire connectors behind the alternator and air conditioning compressor? One has two wires in it and the other has one in it. IIRC

are you familiar with the two wire connectors behind the alternator and air conditioning compressor? One has two wires in it and the other has one in it. IIRC
There is a unused green connector which is the tach lead and a grey connector with a singal wire. Is this what you are referring to?

The one with the single wire should be a female connector, put +12 volts to this and it will run the pump. you can use the feed wire for the underhood light to do this, plug this wire into the female connector and your good. Nice for buick to provide us with a built in pump out system.

The one with the single wire should be a female connector, put +12 volts to this and it will run the pump. you can use the feed wire for the underhood light to do this, plug this wire into the female connector and your good. Nice for buick to provide us with a built in pump out system.
Thanks, very cool

I'm trying to empty the old fuel out of my tank by using the fuel pump to pump the fuel out. The problem is the fuel pump will only stay on for about three seconds because the car is not running and there is no oil pressure. Is there a way to bypass this and make the fuel pump stay on without the computer interfering?
In the past when I was lazy I would just start the car, and let it run. It will run until the tank is pretty much empty, of course every time I've done it this way it was so I could take the tank out, and change the pump.