Fuel Pump

nash871233

Hello All

Went to start the car yesterday, turned the key heard the fuel pump cycle, car tried to start, but didn't, turned the key again, motor cranked, but then I noticed the fuel pressure gauge was reading 0 psi. At that point I knew something was wrong concerning the fuel pump. Checked the fuze, it was good, next I replaced the fuel pump relay, pump still didn't come on. The pump is about 8 years old and an XP Pump. Is there anything else that could be the problem before I drop the tank? It's an 87 GN by the way.

Hello All

Went to start the car yesterday, turned the key heard the fuel pump cycle, car tried to start, but didn't, turned the key again, motor cranked, but then I noticed the fuel pressure gauge was reading 0 psi. At that point I knew something was wrong concerning the fuel pump. Checked the fuze, it was good, next I replaced the fuel pump relay, pump still didn't come on. The pump is about 8 years old and an XP Pump. Is there anything else that could be the problem before I drop the tank? It's an 87 GN by the way.

A little update on my fuel pump delema. It turned out it wasn't the fuel pump after all. I called Bruce Alred at Aggressive Performance to order a new fuel pump, as I thought the fuel pump had died. We got to talking and he suggested, before condeming the fuel pump, try applying direct voltage to the pump to see if it comes on. Well needless to say... a big smile and a feeling of releif come over me when it did. Ya! I didn't have to drop the tank! Once we elimated the fuel pump, he steered me in the direction of the hotwire kit. After a little chasing of wires, I found a loose wire coming off the relay for the hotwire kit. Tightened it up, turned the key and I heard that beautiful sound I always took for granted! The Nash is alive!