fuel pump

natethegreat85

drive fast, take chances
I just replaced my alternator, and I'm in the mood to do more stuff. Want to do 86/87 ecm, but after reading stuff on here I need to get a fuel pump first. Is the walbro still the way to go? or is there something else? -Nate.

I just replaced my alternator, and I'm in the mood to do more stuff. Want to do 86/87 ecm, but after reading stuff on here I need to get a fuel pump first. Is the walbro still the way to go? or is there something else? -Nate.

The answer to your question is yes. I would buy it from Full Throttle Speed to assure yourself that it is a good one. Look at the thread in the General section discussing their prior manufacturing problems. Thread- Are Walbro Pumps Trouble Free?. Brad

thanks for the link brad. guess i'll need to double check the date stamp to make sure i don't go crazy like some of those guys did. that thread was ridiculous.

the basic hotair info sticky said i'll need to adjust the fuel pressure reg. how do i do that?

thanks for the link brad. guess i'll need to double check the date stamp to make sure i don't go crazy like some of those guys did. that thread was ridiculous.

the basic hotair info sticky said i'll need to adjust the fuel pressure reg. how do i do that?

You need an adjustable fuel pressure regulator and a fuel pressure gauge. Do you have these?. Brad