Fuel Pump Tidbits

EFFNQWKWE4

Hey guys, I'm getting ready to install a new fuel pump (Walboro 340 w/ the plug-n-play adapter) and want to know what little tidbits I'm going to need, or should replace while I'm in there. I do my work at a buddies shop after hours, so once we start, it needs to be finished or it sits until the next day when the parts stores open(not good...it's my daily driver). What I need is the stuff that went wrong with YOUR fuel pump install, or the things that gave you a headache while installing so I can nip it in the bud, if you will. Thanks in advance!!

Derek

1/2 drive stufffff-

rachet
8 inch extension
15mm socket

jack
2 by 4

hammer
big flat tip screw driver-

drian tank, drop it,use hammer and screw driver on 3 tabs to unscrew ring-

pull out easily, replace fuel isolator with supplied hose- slam back together in reverse order-

thats about it right guys?

When you remove the pulsator, you'll notice the pipe has a inverted kinda flare on it. Kinda like:

| |
\_/

Take a 1/2" drill bit and open up that flare. Deburr the pipe. Make sure you clean all filings before reassembly.

Supposed to be good for 20% flow. Cant say for sure, but I do it on all of the pumps I install on these things.

New hoses from gas tank to hard fuel lines. Anyone know the part#s of the pre-formed(bent)hoses?