fuel pump question

Turbo6'86

I just installed a new walbro pump new racetronix stainless sending unit along with a new gn tank and hot wire kit. When you turn on the key the pump comes on and shuts off as it should. However it will not pick up the fuel. I pulled the pump out of tank by its self by running a positive and negative. It worked fine. Put it back in the sending unit and back into the tank and still it will not pick up fuel and it has over 5 gallons of fuel. Can someone please help me. Thanks

Sounds like the wires are reversed,this can easily happen with some of the aftermarket fuel pump kits.

When i went to plug the pump back into the sending unit i noticed the plug connects to the pump as positive to negative and negative to positive. So i reversed the wires so its positive to positive and negative to negative. I tried it again and it blew the fuse on the hotwire kit at the alternator post. So still no luck and still need help figuring it out. Thanks

Apparently the issue is that I purchased the pump several months back from Full Throttle and then more recently purchased the Racetronix SS sending unit and its wired for the stock buick sending unit which is causing it to run backwards. I went to the Racetronix support forum and didnt see anything about reversing the pump. You would think you could just switch the positive and negatives to change direction but not that simple. Can someone tell me how to make it run the right direction.

From the link I posted above:

"Depending on the purchase date of this system the in-tank harness may be wired for GSS340M or GSS294M pumps. Please double check the polarity of your harness vs. the pumps purchased. There are polarity symbols on the top of the pumps. If the polarity does not match (RED = + , BLACK = -) then the terminals will have to be reversed. Information on this may be found in our support forum."

When i went to plug the pump back into the sending unit i noticed the plug connects to the pump as positive to negative and negative to positive. So i reversed the wires so its positive to positive and negative to negative. I tried it again and it blew the fuse on the hotwire kit at the alternator post. So still no luck and still need help figuring it out. Thanks
Did you reverse the wires on the inside,or outside of the tank?