fuel pump problem

garnetkid

the fuel pump finally gave out in my 87 T type (left me on the side of the road about 1.5 miles from home) I bought the car new and it has 110000 kls on it. I know I shouldn't have left it that long. Anyway I dropped the tank and removed the pump. Went to the local flaps (Lordco) and ordered a new ACDelco. When I compared the two pumps the electrical connectors are the same but the overall body is approximately half an inch shorter than the original so it does not fit tight into the mounting bracket. We double checked the parts for correctness , the ACD part # is EP242 for GM# 25116164. After all this I decided I better log on here and have a look at what others are doing and it looks like I should be getting a better performance pump. Kiran Performance has one that would meet my needs as the car is original but I would like to know if anyone has bought the Kirban unit and that it fit the mounting bracket, another words that it is not shorter than the stock unit. I will phone Kirban if nobody here can give me an answer this weekend. Thanks, Leon

You need to get a Walbro, that would be a good pump upgrade for your car and better than what you have. I'm not sure what Kirban's offer, but I'd go with the Walbro. I know full throttle performance sells them, if your feeling frisky order a hotwire kit while your at it.

I believe the kirban pump is a walbro, not positive, but I would recommend the addition of a hot-wire kit as well. The fuel system was highly inadequate from the factory.

Kirban sells the walboro pump. Get a Hotwire kit the Racetronix kit is a nice piece. Full Throttle speed, Kirbans, and Turbo tweek all sell the parts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kirban sells the walboro pump. Get a Hotwire kit the Racetronix kit is a nice piece. Full Throttle speed, Kirbans, and Turbo tweek all sell the parts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks for all the replies, I do believe I will be going with the upgraded pump and hotwire kit. Leon

I picked up a new pump and Hotwire kit from Racetronix earlier this season. Fit perfect. The new Hotwire kits are real real nice. Easy install also.

Hopefully you don't have much fuel in the tank. I took mine out with 14 gal in it....

I picked up a new pump and Hotwire kit from Racetronix earlier this season. Fit perfect. The new Hotwire kits are real real nice. Easy install also.

Hopefully you don't have much fuel in the tank. I took mine out with 14 gal in it....
Thanks for that info Boostian, I only had a half tank and some help from my neighbour. Does this upgrade do much to increase HP?

No. Well, yes. Without it, in your current state, your engine produces 0 HP. With a new fuel pump and hotwire kit, it will produce much more.

The first $1,000 you spend should be on reliability things. Like this. Then worry about turning up the boost