Fuel pump problem

TUFFGN

I am having problems with my fuel pump. I drove my car, turned it off and had a tow truck pick me up! I checked my hot wire and I have 12v. I turn on the ignition and no juice. I replaced ALL fuses and nothing.( Of course I checked the pump and it works fine). I feel that it is a relay or something, has this happened to anyone?:confused:

Where did you......

check for voltage on the hot wire, was it at the trunk end? Check your fuel pump relay out put, for voltage also. you should be able to narrow it down from there. I can't remember if a fuseable link will open the circuit or not. they are located on the main post of the starter. there are 4 of them.

What happened to me was that the pins in the plug on the ECM got wet because my heater box was leaking. This caused the pins to oxidize so bad that the fuel pump wouldn't prime when the key was first turned on. T-type.org tech section has the pinout if you want to find the fuel pump prime pin.

Just try unpluging and pluging in the connector carefully a couple of times. If you turn the key on and you hear the pump prime, you found your problem.

Next, I would unplug and spray out the connectors and the pins and coat them with a little dielectric grease available in tubes at Autozone.

Also the relay terminals might be covered in melted goo from the socket.

Hope this helps.

Bob