Fuel Pump on Ebay

Has anyone used or know about these pumps that are always on ebay advertised as Walbro

eBay Motors: WALBRO 255LPH FUEL PUMP Buick Grand National T-Type 255 (item 270084688936 end time Feb-05-07 10:18:29 PST)

Any info would be appreciated.

Also, who would be the best vendor for buying a good upgraded fuel pump (I'm running the stock pump now) and hot wire kit?

Thanks in advance...

Actually they are not Walbro pumps.

Straight from the ebay ad...

TREperformance fuel pumps ARE NOT Walbro fuel pumps, but flow very similar to Walbro pumps and they DO NOT have the loud, annoying whine of Walbro pumps, plus TREperformance fuel pumps are nearly silent when the vehicle is running.

Never heard of TRE, or anyone in the Buick community running they're pumps. I'm not saying they suck...just for peace of mind I'd get a real Walbro with hotwire from Full Throttle, Racetronix or Caspers to be safe. Just my 2 cents.

i am a newb and got my pump and hotwire kit from fullthrottlespeed.com price and service couldnt be beat!

Hi,
If the pump doesn't make a certain amount of noise, then it is a vane style, with nylon or phenolic vanes. These pumps are sometimes challenged to produce proper volume, and durability is also a factor. Walbro 255L pumps are gerotor, much tougher and somewhat noisier.Doubtless, the other pumps are produced in China. I would spend the money to buy something you KNOW is a great unit. By the way, I don't find MY Walbro 340s to be objectionable in any way.

Get a real Walbro, you'll be glad. The last thing you want to worry about @ hi boost is a suspect fuel pump. 25+++psi + sh!tty fuel pump = disaster.

Exactly. These off shore pumps were being discussed several months ago. Fuel is just too important to save a few dollars.Buy a Walbro from a active Buick vendor. They sell the genuine walbro's.

Which is the kit Poston's sells? That was in my old T and I just assumed from the looks of it that it was a Syclone pump, but I never really knew.

I do NOT want some noisy pump, so which would be the best for low 12's/high 11's without ever needing quicker times than that?

We bought some of those pumps and sent the to Walbro for testing. They are 15% or so down in volume and draw more current (almost 3 amps more) than the Walbro pump does. Walbro pumps so not usually make much more noise than stock pumps inside the car.
Mike

Make sure you SPECIFY 340, or else you'll wind up with a 307 which is the Standard TR Pump that they ALL ship EXECPT Racetronix...not to mention Racetronix is the Only Vendor that supplies a Ground Wire Upgrade...