Fuel Pump install. Left Pulsator in. Good or Bad?

Sweet6

I installed a 340 pump this weekend. I left the Pulsator, not thinking it was a big deal. But after thinking about, it does look like a restriction. Is it worth dropping the tank again and replace it with fuel hose? Is the pulsator a big restriction?
TIA

My advice-

Yank the tank and ditch the pulsator. Replace it with a piece of fuel hose (should have come with the pump). When I put in my Racetronix pump & hotwire kit, i left the pulsator in. After the tank was back in and hooked up, I couldn't figure out why I wasn't getting any pressure to the fuel rail even though i could hear the pump running. The problem was that the walbro is about 3/8" shorter than the stock pump, and the pulsator left a gap, even though i couldn't see it. Pulled the tank back down, replaced the pulsator with the piece of fuel hose provided in the kit, reinstalled, and all was well.

Pulsator??

Ditch the pulsator! [as was already mentioned.] In addition, cut off the reduced nipple on the end of the tube B4 you put the hose coupling in place. The idea is to cut the hose long enuf to take up the space between the end of the pump and the top of the hanger, so the psi can't blow the hose off. BE SURE the hose is for FI applications.. regular fuel line will balloon up when subjected to hi PSI!!
Most kits come w/ the hose and at least 2 clamps, a sock and some have the lower rubber seat for the pump to sit on.
BE SURE when you replace the tank, that the ground is on and tight at both ends.
I always use a ty-wrap to hold the wires and the pump to the hanger.

I had the same thing happen to me as Steve did. Car would try and start but then would die. Then I remembered that I should have changed the pulsator. Dropped the tank AGAIN :mad: , put the hose in and viola she fired up :cool:

How should I get the Pulsator off? Hack it off? or does it pull off?
TIA