Fuel Pump Fuse Keeps Blowing

Travlin

My fuel pump fuse keeps blowing intermittently. Sometimes it will run for days, and other times for minuets. I've been searching all around the engine compartment harness for bad lookig wires and I haven't found the problem yet.

Any ideas?

-Thanks

Look at the fuel pump jumper connection around the AC/ alternator area, it sould be single brown wire with a black plug end. If that grounds out some where, it will blow the fuse.

HTH
Prasad

Also check the OEM oil pressure sender connector...big round one...if you have an aftermarket oil pressure sender installed and left that stock connector dangling it will short out on any metal and blow the FP fuse...

Also check the OEM oil pressure sender connector...big round one...if you have an aftermarket oil pressure sender installed and left that stock connector dangling it will short out on any metal and blow the FP fuse...

I agree! I even had my stock connector wrapped in electrical tape, but after a few years, the tape wore thru and blew the fuse. I Wasn't paying real close attention to the FP gauge, thought it was the crank sensor AGAIN, after replacing the sensor on the side of the road and it didn't start, I realized it was just the fuse:mad: