Fuel pump connections

Tmhyer

Does anyone know how I’m supposed to insert wire into this connector, and crimp itnonce
IMG_1158.JPG
it’s inside?

Its for a walbro fuel pump
5c2631b041c4fa26b80ac0f5b2f398ff.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

you can just cut it and use those butt connectors. but those wires look burnt going to the top of the hat connector your power and float signal . your going to have problems if you put it back in like that.gonna end up doing it again because of that connector.

Thank you. I found a thread on the Internet of someone else installing a Walbro pump in a grand national. Exact same issues I am having needing to eliminate the damper and the wire connections not being the same as the instructions describe. Thank you for your response!

Can you just confirm that I have the positive and negative wires correct?
IMG_1163.JPG

Plug it in , turn the key on and see if the pump comes on. I wouldn't do it for long as it can over heat the pump.

Can you just confirm that I have the positive and negative wires correct?

Can't, some Walbro pumps have reverse polarity on the pump connector. Need to look at the molded in +- on the pump connector.

RemoveBeforeFlight

I have the white wire going to the + side of the fuel pump. I tested it with the pump on the ground. Pump ran when I turned on the ignition, but i read that it would pump backwards if wires are reversed