Fuel pump, again

Black3

Fargan sneaky bastages!
Took the GN for a last tire burning ride this past weekend before putting it away for the winter. Got to a stoplight and noticed a rattling coming from the rear and shortly after taking off the car fell on its face so I coasted into a parking lot. Zero fuel pressure and the fuses were all good so I flat bedded home, pushed it into the garage, wiped it down and threw the cover over it. The pump is a Walbro has maybe 1500 miles on it and I bought from Cotton 2.5 years ago. It was not supposed to be one of the bad ones but,..... The car is hotwired and mostly stock with a full tank of fuel of course. What pump should I buy and from whom?

I would check the bulkhead connector (yellow) that the pump plugs into on the fuel pump hanger first. Mine was corroded and it stopped the pump , I also had changed the pump in my GMC truck last spring and it died again last month. I changed the pump in my truck again and guess what, it still didn't work . I unplugged the pump from the bulkhead connector and it was burned up inside (bad, loose connection) I managed to find the right female terminal at work and repaired the connector. It makes me wonder if the "bad" pump last spring was really bad. If it is bad, Racetronix has the harness with a new bulkhead fitting on it (BLT1 bulkhead connector assembly), thats where I got mine .:biggrin: Sam

Your better off just going with the DW pump that Scot W sells. From late 09 to 10 i went through 3 sh!tbro pumps!!!

Your better off just going with the DW pump that Scot W sells. From late 09 to 10 i went through 3 sh!tbro pumps!!!

Thanks. That's where I was aiming based on searches but, wanted to be sure. I definitely don't want to drop the f'n tank every 2-3 years.

"DW pump that Scot W sells" alot of people say they cant get their fuel pressure down enough at idle without changing their return line fwiw

"DW pump that Scot W sells" alot of people say they cant get their fuel pressure down enough at idle without changing their return line fwiw

Also, we have 3 other guys here in chi-town with the DW pump that don't need their fuel pressure adjusted:biggrin::biggrin:

Before you start "throwing parts at it" , troubleshoot it . Make sure the the pump is getting power , a blown fuse only tells you that it drew too much current such as a short , motor overload & sometimes a bad connection. With a hot wire setup you have a second relay in the circuit to compound possible problems . Disconnect the wires from the hotwire relay to the pump and apply 12v to the intermediate harness going to the tank , this will bypass both fuel pump relays and if everthing else is ok the pump will turn on. If the pump turns on, start heading up stream from there until you find where you are losing power. Don't always assume because part "X" dosen't work that part "X" is bad. Good Luck & I hope it's the relay. :biggrin: Sam