Fuel Pressure ????

DaJoker

DUMB QUESTION MEMBER
Went to the track last nite and lo and behold I see another 89 TTA out there. He pulls up to the tree and proceed's to run a 14.4@94. Hmm go talk to the guy and he had just started trying to get it running right. Had head work, sounded like a cam, bigger turbo, dutt neck intercooler and 9 inch converter. He said he had the boost set at 20lbs but was only running 40psi??? Shouldn't he be running at least 55psi or so?? He said the car was sputtering and popping at 4200 or 4600 rpms. Lack of fuel pressure?? He did have an AFPR.

With Eric's Turbo Tweak chips he recommends starting with 42psi vac line off and work from there, use the chip to adjust fuel. That's with his 60#ers...

For 20psi, I run 60 psi Fuel Pressure @ WOT.
40 seems way too low.

Fuel P

For 20psi, I run 60 psi Fuel Pressure @ WOT.
40 seems way too low.

I assume he means 40 Psi at WOT and full boost and not Idle ? That sounds like an idle FP. 40 Psi @ WOT is really going to starve and go lean. I'm surprised he didn't detonate and at least blow the head gaskets.

But it's obviously not running right @ 14.4 with any work done on it. My very 1st run many years ago stock was 14.3 and I didn't have a clue.