Fuel Pressure

We'll need just a little more detail in order to help you.

What sort of problem are you having?

Jim

My Fuel Pressure 38-39 line on when i step on it, it go to about 45 psi and then drop's back to 38 psi.

You should get an additional 1 PSI of fuel pressure per 1 PSI of boost. So if you're running 15 PSI and you're at 38-39 PSI then you should have 53-54 PSI of fuel pressure. If it drops while you are still on the throttle - and boost is constant - then you have some sort of delivery problem. It could be the regulator (not likely) or the fuel pump itself (more likely).

I assume you have an aftermarket pump and that it's hotwired?

Jim

You should get an additional 1 PSI of fuel pressure per 1 PSI of boost. So if you're running 15 PSI and you're at 38-39 PSI then you should have 53-54 PSI of fuel pressure. If it drops while you are still on the throttle - and boost is constant - then you have some sort of delivery problem. It could be the regulator (not likely) or the fuel pump itself (more likely).

I assume you have an aftermarket pump and that it's hotwired?

Jim

+1

he should have even more fp than 53-54psi because his numbers he gave u were for line on, not off! he should see closer to 58-60psi!

I used to see 60psi and like i said, after i ghanged the pump it worked good for awhile and then every thang went south. what do you guy's think of the Holly forced induction 255 LPH pump, because i got the 100.00 Dollar walbro pump now. thank's guy's.

Another "SWAG"..

I used to see 60psi and like i said, after i ghanged the pump it worked good for awhile and then every thang went south. what do you guy's think of the Holly forced induction 255 LPH pump, because i got the 100.00 Dollar walbro pump now. thank's guy's.

1.Depending on how the pump was done, it could be that the connector hose from pump to line, has split, a clamp come loose.
2. If the $100 Walbro is one of the Chinese knockoffs, it may well be on it's way out.
3. The Holley pump is actually made by Walbro, and will work ok.

1.Depending on how the pump was done, it could be that the connector hose from pump to line, has split, a clamp come loose.
2. If the $100 Walbro is one of the Chinese knockoffs, it may well be on it's way out.
3. The Holley pump is actually made by Walbro, and will work ok.

Yeah - what he said.

I think I wound up with one of the Chinese knock-off Walbros last year. The pump only lasted about 2000 miles and it quit. It was doing exactly what your car is doing. Check the things Chuck mentions and if everything looks okay you will have to swap out the pump.

Jim

ya, I ordered a new pump, does any one care to help me put it in, just kidding i can do it in about 20-30 minutes, ah i think i got one of those chinese pump's no offence, thank's alot Guy's.