Fuel pressure to High

orangecar

Installed a Ractronics fuel pump 340 type, and hotwire kit, I have an accufab fuel pressure regulator, I cannot get the fuel pressure below 55 lbs line off or on, installed a new Kirbans Performance regulator and it does the same thing, no restriction in the return line blowing through it. Does this mean that I need to install a larger return line.

With two regulators showing high pressure, I would check it with another gauge to validate the pressure before going much further.

Watching this thread as I am having the same issue.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Are you saying this issue popped up after changing just the pump and installing the hot wire? If so, how was the pressure before the change? If it was normal before, I would almost guarantee that the higher volume pump is overwhelming the return line.

I just installed the new 340 on my car this weekend. The pressure was fine. I have all new factory lines also. I am very curious about this.

There was a thread somewhere about a racetronics pump and hanger having debris in the return tube of the hanger. Some sort of manufacturing flaw.
Maybe not same issue but....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Checked the fuel pressure with a mechanical gage , same pressure, to high, checked the return line in the Racetronics hanger before install, guess I am going to have to pull the tank again. Pressure was under control with the old pump, was changing to make sure before going to the track.

Make sure we're not mixing up two different pumps, the Walbro gss340, and a 340lph (liter per hour) pump. They are way different. Which exact pump do you have? If it's a 340lph pump, then yes, it's very common to over-run the return line.

your correct, looked at my paperwork, thought I was ordering Racetronix's 340 type pump (255 lph) ordered the 340 lph pump by mistake, feel really stupid, thanks for the help, guess I will order a 340 type pump with 255 lph and change it out.

The pump I just installed is the 340 lph. I haven't had this problem yet. YET!!

Don't pull that pump for a smaller one. Just fix the return line issue

The pump I just installed is the 340 lph. I haven't had this problem yet. YET!!

Pretty much been what I've seen, also..............

"no restriction in the return line blowing through it." Because you get airflow thru it, does not mean it's not got some degree of restriction. Have you checked the rubber jumper lines over the axle?
Are they hooked up in the right order?

I looked through the return line with a light as best that I could, ran a piece of wire through it, looked to not have any problems, lines over the axle are correct, the pump that was in it was a walbro from Full Throttle speed, thought it might be one of the pumps they had trouble out of couple of years ago, after I pulled it checked the number and it wasn't, decided to replace the hot wire and pump assembly with a Racetronixs system, Think the 340 lph pump is out running the stock return line. I would replace the return line with a 3/8": but that would not solve the return pipe size in the hanger would it.

I looked through the return line with a light as best that I could, ran a piece of wire through it, looked to not have any problems, lines over the axle are correct, the pump that was in it was a walbro from Full Throttle speed, thought it might be one of the pumps they had trouble out of couple of years ago, after I pulled it checked the number and it wasn't, decided to replace the hot wire and pump assembly with a Racetronixs system, Think the 340 lph pump is out running the stock return line. I would replace the return line with a 3/8": but that would not solve the return pipe size in the hanger would it.
Try drilling it out before you change anything. I can run both of my pumps at the same time, and get the pressure down under 30 psi. http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/threads/drilling-out-saginaw-fittings.395240/

The TTA's generally don't have the return line issue. I've only seen it on the Buicks (dozens and dozens of Buicks, including my own).

The TTA's generally don't have the return line issue. I've only seen it on the Buicks (dozens and dozens of Buicks, including my own).
Quite possible mine didn't have any issues. I drilled out the lines before I installed the double pumps...

Do away w/ the conjecture, what if's, and such.....
Run the return line directly to a fuel jug. Pressure now adj??

I too had this problem after installing a DW 300 pump. It simply overpowers the return line. I tried drilling out the saginaw fittings. What a waste of time. Maybe it works for some but have you actually seen the inside diameter of our return line? It's less than 1/4 inch for sure. I finally took the boards advice and installed a dash 6 return line and without a doubt it fixed the problem. Gettin the old return line out wasn't fun but I got it after 4 hours lol. There is one bolt above the axle that holds a clip that i would be interested if anyone has actually gotten it out???